GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Wasps getting dozy early? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/199022-wasps-getting-dozy-early.html)

Tim 25-07-2011 12:36 PM

Wasps getting dozy early?

Is it just me or are wasps getting "dozy" early this year? I live in Bristol
BTW. I've had about six in the last week blundering around on their last
legs.

David WE Roberts[_2_] 25-07-2011 03:37 PM

Wasps getting dozy early?

"Tim" no wrote in message
Is it just me or are wasps getting "dozy" early this year? I live in
Bristol BTW. I've had about six in the last week blundering around on
their last legs.

Possibly stuffed to the wingtips with early plums?

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Moonraker 25-07-2011 04:04 PM

Wasps getting dozy early?

On 25/07/2011 12:36, Tim wrote:
Is it just me or are wasps getting "dozy" early this year? I live in Bristol
BTW. I've had about six in the last week blundering around on their last
legs.

As everyone agrees that the fruit is early this year maybe they are
drunk on rotten fruit, as is their want.

Baz[_3_] 25-07-2011 04:54 PM

Wasps getting dozy early?

Moonraker wrote in
:

On 25/07/2011 12:36, Tim wrote:
Is it just me or are wasps getting "dozy" early this year? I live in
Bristol BTW. I've had about six in the last week blundering around on
their last legs.

As everyone agrees that the fruit is early this year maybe they are
drunk on rotten fruit, as is their want.

Yes, and their want is huge this year. As is their sting.
Been stung twice this year tending pear tree. More annoying than painful.

Baz

Tim 27-07-2011 11:40 AM

Wasps getting dozy early?

As everyone agrees that the fruit is early this year maybe they are
drunk on rotten fruit, as is their want.

Yes, and their want is huge this year. As is their sting.
Been stung twice this year tending pear tree. More annoying than painful.

Thanks, hadn't thought of that.

Tim