Old 25-07-2011, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tim Tim is offline

Default Wasps getting dozy early?

Is it just me or are wasps getting "dozy" early this year? I live in Bristol
BTW. I've had about six in the last week blundering around on their last
legs.

Old 25-07-2011, 04:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 25/07/2011 12:36, Tim wrote:
Is it just me or are wasps getting "dozy" early this year? I live in Bristol
BTW. I've had about six in the last week blundering around on their last
legs.

As everyone agrees that the fruit is early this year maybe they are
drunk on rotten fruit, as is their want.

Old 25-07-2011, 04:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Moonraker wrote in
:

On 25/07/2011 12:36, Tim wrote:
Is it just me or are wasps getting "dozy" early this year? I live in
Bristol BTW. I've had about six in the last week blundering around on
their last legs.

As everyone agrees that the fruit is early this year maybe they are
drunk on rotten fruit, as is their want.

Yes, and their want is huge this year. As is their sting.
Been stung twice this year tending pear tree. More annoying than painful.

Baz
Old 27-07-2011, 11:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tim Tim is offline

As everyone agrees that the fruit is early this year maybe they are
drunk on rotten fruit, as is their want.

Yes, and their want is huge this year. As is their sting.
Been stung twice this year tending pear tree. More annoying than painful.

Thanks, hadn't thought of that.

Tim