GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Garden ER (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/199202-garden-er.html)

[email protected] 29-07-2011 01:57 PM

Garden ER

In article ,
Pam Moore wrote:
latest idiotic idea on Garden ER last night. Water your plants with
Cola drinks!
Whatever next!

Poor plants. Still, better them than me!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Pam Moore[_2_] 29-07-2011 02:22 PM

Garden ER

latest idiotic idea on Garden ER last night. Water your plants with
Cola drinks!
Whatever next!

Pam in Bristol

[email protected] 29-07-2011 02:28 PM

Garden ER

In article ,
Mike Lyle wrote:
On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 13:57:35 +0100 (BST), wrote:

In article ,
Pam Moore wrote:
latest idiotic idea on Garden ER last night. Water your plants with
Cola drinks!
Whatever next!

Poor plants. Still, better them than me!

You a commie or sumpin'?

Give the man a banana!

I treasure the memory of a Coca-Cola spokesman's reply when asked to
justify selling his bizarre beverage in some of the poorest countries
in the world: "For a few minutes, we enable these people to feel
they're living real life."

Impressive! Actually, I like Coca-Cola, subject only that it has
to be drunk when the air temperature is at least 60 degrees Fahrenheit
greater than that of the liquid. For Pepsi-Cola, make that 80.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Jake 29-07-2011 02:51 PM

Garden ER

On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 14:22:45 +0100, Pam Moore
wrote:

latest idiotic idea on Garden ER last night. Water your plants with
Cola drinks!
Whatever next!

Pam in Bristol

Didn't watch the rubbish. Glanced at episode 2 and got the idea to
mark out the floor of my greenhouse as a squash court :)

Currently reglazing greenhouse :)))

Did (s)he suggest we should nick the cola drinks from somewhere (can't
be from the coffee shop as everyone will have been banned for nicking
sugar and stirrers)?

Suggestion for next idea - water some plants you don't really care
about with beer. The slugs will then find the leaves more tasty and
leave your prized plants alone. This will avoid the RSPCA prosecuting
you for drowning them in the beer and thus causing unnecessary
suffering.

I see that tonight the Beeb are going for Alan Titchmarsh again by
starting an hour long GW at 8.00. The viewing figures will be
interesting as last time AT won.

Cheers
Jake
Gardening at the dry end (east) of Swansea Bay
in between reading anything by JRR Tolkien.

www.rivendell.org.uk

Stephen Wolstenholme 29-07-2011 04:47 PM

Garden ER

Pam Moore wrote:
latest idiotic idea on Garden ER last night. Water your plants with
Cola drinks!
Whatever next!

Poor plants. Still, better them than me!

You a commie or sumpin'?

I treasure the memory of a Coca-Cola spokesman's reply when asked to
justify selling his bizarre beverage in some of the poorest countries
in the world: "For a few minutes, we enable these people to feel
they're living real life."

That reminds me of when I was shown a rusty old Coca-Cola display by a
"guide" in the Sahara dessert. He was so proud that he had joined the
rest of the world. There was also a painted sign advertising Camel
cigarettes but I think that was just for us foreigners. There must
have been a profit importing American cigarettes to sell to gullible
British and German tourists. I fell for it!

Steve

--
Neural network software applications, help and support.

Neural Planner Software
www.NPSL1.com

Jake 29-07-2011 05:32 PM

Garden ER

Pam Moore wrote:
[...]

I could *never* smoke a camel. They won't stay still for long enough
:-)

No Name 29-07-2011 06:24 PM

Garden ER

http://www.funniestjokes.net/adult-j...urning-rubber/

Mike Lyle[_1_] 29-07-2011 07:07 PM

Garden ER

On 29 Jul 2011 17:24:15 GMT, wrote:

Jake Nospam@invalid wrote:
I could *never* smoke a camel. They won't stay still for long enough

http://www.funniestjokes.net/adult-j...urning-rubber/

rimshot

--
Mike.

harry 29-07-2011 08:28 PM

Garden ER

On Jul 29, 2:22*pm, Pam Moore wrote:
latest idiotic idea on Garden ER last night. *Water your plants with
Cola drinks! *
Whatever next!

Pam in Bristol

Coca cola is a quite string acid, might be OK for azaelias!

Stewart Robert Hinsley 31-07-2011 07:26 PM

Garden ER

In message , Chris Hogg
writes
On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 12:28:13 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

On Jul 29, 2:22*pm, Pam Moore wrote:
latest idiotic idea on Garden ER last night. *Water your plants with
Cola drinks! *
Whatever next!

Pam in Bristol

Coca cola is a quite string acid, might be OK for azaelias!

Phosphoric IIRC, but no N or K, so can't really see where any benefit
might come from. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca-Cola

There's a bit of N in the caffeine. But I expect that it would be an
expensive source of N and P.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Mike Lyle[_1_] 31-07-2011 07:50 PM

Garden ER

wrote:

On Jul 29, 2:22*pm, Pam Moore wrote:
latest idiotic idea on Garden ER last night. *Water your plants with
Cola drinks! *
Whatever next!

Pam in Bristol

Coca cola is a quite string acid, might be OK for azaelias!

Phosphoric IIRC, but no N or K, so can't really see where any benefit
might come from. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca-Cola

There's a bit of N in the caffeine. But I expect that it would be an
expensive source of N and P.

Would the sugar encourage the wrong soil bacteria? But I imagine a can
of The Real Thing would provide only negligible quantities of any of
its constituents in the open ground.

This programme does seem to be worth watching as comedy: perhaps I
should change my rather limited viewing habits.

(By the way, a few years ago I took advantage of a shattered tooth to
test the story that Coke dissolves teeth. I left a big fragment in the
suspect liquid for, IIRC, three days or more. It didn't dissolve
bodily, but the enamel surface had acquired a matt finish.)

--
Mike.

Pam Moore[_2_] 01-08-2011 01:22 PM

Garden ER

wrote:

[...]

I once, years ago, (NB ONCE only) tried cooking a ham joint in coca
cola, having heard the suggestion somewhere. Family were NOT
impressed. Now cider, that's a better idea.

Pam in Bristol

Mike Lyle[_1_] 01-08-2011 08:35 PM

Garden ER

wrote:

[...]

Now you've jogged my memory, yes, I've had gammon done in cola, and I
don't remember being impressed.

--
Mike.

Janet Tweedy 01-08-2011 09:41 PM

Garden ER

In article , Pam Moore
writes
latest idiotic idea on Garden ER last night. Water your plants with
Cola drinks!
Whatever next!

Attracting every wasp and ant for miles!

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph