Old 29-07-2011, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Garden ER

In article ,
Pam Moore wrote:
latest idiotic idea on Garden ER last night. Water your plants with
Cola drinks!
Whatever next!

Poor plants. Still, better them than me!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 29-07-2011, 02:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

latest idiotic idea on Garden ER last night. Water your plants with
Cola drinks!
Whatever next!

Pam in Bristol
Old 29-07-2011, 02:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 14:22:45 +0100, Pam Moore
wrote:

latest idiotic idea on Garden ER last night. Water your plants with
Cola drinks!
Whatever next!

Pam in Bristol

Didn't watch the rubbish. Glanced at episode 2 and got the idea to
mark out the floor of my greenhouse as a squash court

Currently reglazing greenhouse ))

Did (s)he suggest we should nick the cola drinks from somewhere (can't
be from the coffee shop as everyone will have been banned for nicking
sugar and stirrers)?

Suggestion for next idea - water some plants you don't really care
about with beer. The slugs will then find the leaves more tasty and
leave your prized plants alone. This will avoid the RSPCA prosecuting
you for drowning them in the beer and thus causing unnecessary
suffering.

I see that tonight the Beeb are going for Alan Titchmarsh again by
starting an hour long GW at 8.00. The viewing figures will be
interesting as last time AT won.

Cheers
Jake
Gardening at the dry end (east) of Swansea Bay
in between reading anything by JRR Tolkien.

www.rivendell.org.uk
Old 29-07-2011, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Jake Nospam@invalid wrote:
I could *never* smoke a camel. They won't stay still for long enough

http://www.funniestjokes.net/adult-j...urning-rubber/
Old 29-07-2011, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

On 29 Jul 2011 17:24:15 GMT, wrote:

Jake Nospam@invalid wrote:
I could *never* smoke a camel. They won't stay still for long enough

http://www.funniestjokes.net/adult-j...urning-rubber/

rimshot

--
Mike.
Old 29-07-2011, 08:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 29, 2:22*pm, Pam Moore wrote:
latest idiotic idea on Garden ER last night. *Water your plants with
Cola drinks! *
Whatever next!

Pam in Bristol

Coca cola is a quite string acid, might be OK for azaelias!

Old 31-07-2011, 07:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Chris Hogg
writes
On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 12:28:13 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

On Jul 29, 2:22*pm, Pam Moore wrote:
latest idiotic idea on Garden ER last night. *Water your plants with
Cola drinks! *
Whatever next!

Pam in Bristol

Coca cola is a quite string acid, might be OK for azaelias!

Phosphoric IIRC, but no N or K, so can't really see where any benefit
might come from. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca-Cola

There's a bit of N in the caffeine. But I expect that it would be an
expensive source of N and P.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 31-07-2011, 07:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

wrote:

On Jul 29, 2:22*pm, Pam Moore wrote:
latest idiotic idea on Garden ER last night. *Water your plants with
Cola drinks! *
Whatever next!

Pam in Bristol

Coca cola is a quite string acid, might be OK for azaelias!

Phosphoric IIRC, but no N or K, so can't really see where any benefit
might come from. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca-Cola

There's a bit of N in the caffeine. But I expect that it would be an
expensive source of N and P.

Would the sugar encourage the wrong soil bacteria? But I imagine a can
of The Real Thing would provide only negligible quantities of any of
its constituents in the open ground.

This programme does seem to be worth watching as comedy: perhaps I
should change my rather limited viewing habits.

(By the way, a few years ago I took advantage of a shattered tooth to
test the story that Coke dissolves teeth. I left a big fragment in the
suspect liquid for, IIRC, three days or more. It didn't dissolve
bodily, but the enamel surface had acquired a matt finish.)

--
Mike.
Old 01-08-2011, 01:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

[...]

I once, years ago, (NB ONCE only) tried cooking a ham joint in coca
cola, having heard the suggestion somewhere. Family were NOT
impressed. Now cider, that's a better idea.

Pam in Bristol
Old 01-08-2011, 08:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

wrote:

[...]

Now you've jogged my memory, yes, I've had gammon done in cola, and I
don't remember being impressed.

--
Mike.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Pam Moore
writes
latest idiotic idea on Garden ER last night. Water your plants with
Cola drinks!
Whatever next!

Attracting every wasp and ant for miles!

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph