GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   New Rowlawn Medallion Turf Lawn Dying - help please (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/199292-new-rowlawn-medallion-turf-lawn-dying-help-please.html)

puppilup 11-08-2011 07:49 AM

New Rowlawn Medallion Turf Lawn Dying - help please

3 Attachment(s)
I posted the thread below to the 'Lawns' forum section but so far no reply. I am in Oxford, UK and most of the banter from lawn experts seems to be focused on the US fraternity. Can anyone please help?

http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/...awn-dying.html

http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/lawns/...lp-please.html

Can any of you good experts please, please share some of your lawn recovery experience with me ?!

My new 6 week old turf lawn which is not recovering despite laying, watering and mowing exactly as recommended by the UK renowned turf supplier Rowlawn. Except, .....I made one big mistake.......... I went on holiday! In those 2 weeks it rained a lot and grew too long (6"). When it was cut back all the lush green grass disappeared and I am now left with a thin, sparse and dead looking lawn. In the last 2 weeks since that it has showed little signs of recovering. Am I being too impatient and it will recover as Rowlawn say?

This is all explained in depth in the URL link above to my original thread. The pictures below give a good indication of the issue. Your help is much needed and appreciated. Many thanks, Puppilup.