GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Garden / nursery to visit. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/199327-garden-nursery-visit.html)

Dave Hill 14-08-2011 06:56 PM

Garden / nursery to visit.

The wife wants to visit Longleat so to make it a 2 day break, I'd like
a couple of gardens and or nurseries to visit between there and South
Wales.
David Hill

Bill Grey 14-08-2011 07:16 PM

Garden / nursery to visit.

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
The wife wants to visit Longleat so to make it a 2 day break, I'd like
a couple of gardens and or nurseries to visit between there and South
Wales.
David Hill

Our Camera Club visited Longleat last year - a total wase of time. The
animals were either hiding out of sight or sleeping.

Be advised :-)

Bill

Bill Grey 14-08-2011 07:21 PM

Garden / nursery to visit.

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
The wife wants to visit Longleat so to make it a 2 day break, I'd like
a couple of gardens and or nurseries to visit between there and South
Wales.
David Hill

My previos reponse was a bit negative, so I'd like to address your question
more positively.

You have previously mentioned Dewstow gardens. This is well worth a visit.
! ! !

Bill

shazzbat 14-08-2011 09:40 PM

Garden / nursery to visit.

"Bill Grey" wrote in message

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
The wife wants to visit Longleat so to make it a 2 day break, I'd like
a couple of gardens and or nurseries to visit between there and South
Wales.
David Hill

Our Camera Club visited Longleat last year - a total wase of time. The
animals were either hiding out of sight or sleeping.

Be advised :-)

One of my neighbours went last week. Apparently they now have meerkats, and
meerkats find painted toenails very interesting.

Steve

Bill Grey 15-08-2011 08:43 AM

Garden / nursery to visit.

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
The wife wants to visit Longleat so to make it a 2 day break, I'd like
a couple of gardens and or nurseries to visit between there and South
Wales.
David Hill

At the risk of repeating myself ( my second posting hasn't appeared yet) - I
still recommend Dewstow gardens as a very good venue for a visit.

Bill

Pam Moore[_2_] 15-08-2011 04:52 PM

Garden / nursery to visit.

On Sun, 14 Aug 2011 10:56:15 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hill
wrote:

The wife wants to visit Longleat so to make it a 2 day break, I'd like
a couple of gardens and or nurseries to visit between there and South
Wales.
David Hill

Dave, if you want a small nursery, I recommend Special Plants, run by
Derry Watkins. Have you come across it?
http://www.specialplants.net/
It's near the junction of the A420 and the A46, down a narrow lane but
well worth the trek.
Email me privately if you want further directions.

Pam in Bristol