Old 14-08-2011, 06:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Garden / nursery to visit.

The wife wants to visit Longleat so to make it a 2 day break, I'd like
a couple of gardens and or nurseries to visit between there and South
Wales.
David Hill
Old 14-08-2011, 07:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
The wife wants to visit Longleat so to make it a 2 day break, I'd like
a couple of gardens and or nurseries to visit between there and South
Wales.
David Hill

Our Camera Club visited Longleat last year - a total wase of time. The
animals were either hiding out of sight or sleeping.

Be advised :-)

Bill

Old 14-08-2011, 07:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
The wife wants to visit Longleat so to make it a 2 day break, I'd like
a couple of gardens and or nurseries to visit between there and South
Wales.
David Hill

My previos reponse was a bit negative, so I'd like to address your question
more positively.

You have previously mentioned Dewstow gardens. This is well worth a visit.
! ! !

Bill

Old 14-08-2011, 09:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bill Grey" wrote in message

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
The wife wants to visit Longleat so to make it a 2 day break, I'd like
a couple of gardens and or nurseries to visit between there and South
Wales.
David Hill

Our Camera Club visited Longleat last year - a total wase of time. The
animals were either hiding out of sight or sleeping.

Be advised :-)

One of my neighbours went last week. Apparently they now have meerkats, and
meerkats find painted toenails very interesting.

Steve

Old 15-08-2011, 08:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
The wife wants to visit Longleat so to make it a 2 day break, I'd like
a couple of gardens and or nurseries to visit between there and South
Wales.
David Hill

At the risk of repeating myself ( my second posting hasn't appeared yet) - I
still recommend Dewstow gardens as a very good venue for a visit.

Bill

Old 15-08-2011, 04:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 14 Aug 2011 10:56:15 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hill
wrote:

The wife wants to visit Longleat so to make it a 2 day break, I'd like
a couple of gardens and or nurseries to visit between there and South
Wales.
David Hill

Dave, if you want a small nursery, I recommend Special Plants, run by
Derry Watkins. Have you come across it?
http://www.specialplants.net/
It's near the junction of the A420 and the A46, down a narrow lane but
well worth the trek.
Email me privately if you want further directions.

Pam in Bristol