GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Repairing a split in a plastic water butt... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/199389-repairing-split-plastic-water-butt.html)

Dave Liquorice[_3_] 21-08-2011 09:51 AM

Repairing a split in a plastic water butt...

On 20 Aug 2011 12:01:20 GMT, AL_n wrote:

there were different solutions and suggestions in each thread (as I
anticipated) due to the different set of people replying.

But those that are only in one group have only seen the responses in
that group not those in the other. You're OK Jack but not everyone
is.

--
Cheers
Dave.

adam-alexander 22-08-2011 09:15 AM

I had the same problem with one of my water butts, I used a piece of the self-adhesive roof flashing on the inside of the butt. This was about 2 years ago and its still OK - (Tempting fate a bit now, I guess though) - If / when the butt eventually fails I will cut off the bottom and use it as a compost bin.