GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Using Entourage for urg Mk2 (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/199486-using-entourage-urg-mk2.html)

kay 27-08-2011 10:56 AM

Using Entourage for urg Mk2

I've been using Entourage for urg, and it's slowly dawned on me that my postings don't seem to be getting through. Nothing at my end to suggest why they shouldn't. Does anyone have experience of Entourage? It's better than my current method for reading urg, but not much good to me if I can't reply!

harry 27-08-2011 05:49 PM

Using Entourage for urg Mk2

--
kay

I use Google groups. More user friendly.
Eternal September when it breaks down as it seems to quite often.

They are both free

Stephen Wolstenholme[_2_] 27-08-2011 06:13 PM

Using Entourage for urg Mk2

On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 09:49:29 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

On Aug 27, 10:56*am, kay wrote:
I've been using Entourage for urg, and it's slowly dawned on me that my
postings don't seem to be getting through. Nothing at my end to suggest
why they shouldn't. Does anyone have experience of Entourage? It's
better than my current method for reading urg, but not much good to me
if I can't reply!

--
kay

I use Google groups. More user friendly.
Eternal September when it breaks down as it seems to quite often.

They are both free

Some people filter out messages from Google groups because that's
where most of the spam comes from. There are lots of free news
servers. The most reliable way to read and post to newsgroups is to
use an application that can have multiple servers attached. I use
Agent with 11 news servers.

Steve

--
Neural network applications, help and support.

Neural Network Software. www.npsl1.com
EasyNN-plus. Neural Networks plus. www.easynn.com
SwingNN. Forecast with Neural Networks. www.swingnn.com
JustNN. Just Neural Networks. www.justnn.com

Bob Hobden 27-08-2011 06:38 PM

Using Entourage for urg Mk2

"harry" wrote ...

, kay wrote:
I've been using Entourage for urg, and it's slowly dawned on me that my
postings don't seem to be getting through. Nothing at my end to suggest
why they shouldn't. Does anyone have experience of Entourage? It's
better than my current method for reading urg, but not much good to me
if I can't reply!

I use Google groups. More user friendly.
Eternal September when it breaks down as it seems to quite often.

They are both free

Nothing wrong with Windows Live Mail if you use the "AutoHotkey" with the
"WlnQuoteFix" add on.

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

alan.holmes 27-08-2011 10:27 PM

Using Entourage for urg Mk2

"harry" wrote in message
On Aug 27, 10:56 am, kay wrote:
I've been using Entourage for urg, and it's slowly dawned on me that my
postings don't seem to be getting through. Nothing at my end to suggest
why they shouldn't. Does anyone have experience of Entourage? It's
better than my current method for reading urg, but not much good to me
if I can't reply!

--
kay

I use Google groups. More user friendly.
Eternal September when it breaks down as it seems to quite often.

They are both free

It is much easier to use a proper ISP, your posts will always get through!

harry 28-08-2011 08:16 AM

Using Entourage for urg Mk2

On Aug 27, 6:38*pm, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
"harry" *wrote ...

, kay *wrote:
I've been using Entourage for urg, and it's slowly dawned on me that my
postings don't seem to be getting through. Nothing at my end to suggest
why they shouldn't. Does anyone have experience of Entourage? It's
better than my current method for reading urg, but not much good to me
if I can't reply!

I use Google groups. More user friendly.
Eternal September when it breaks down as it seems to quite often.

They are both free

Nothing wrong with Windows Live Mail if you use the "AutoHotkey" with the
"WlnQuoteFix" add on.

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

Outlook Express is OK too.

kay 28-08-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alan.holmes (Post 934296)

It is much easier to use a proper ISP, your posts will always get through!

So I guess no-one uses Entourage!

I went to Entourage when the two most used web-based sites stopped picking up urg posts at the beginning of August. It was picking up all the posts, it's just that mail doesn't seem to be going out. Back to the drawing board!

Bob Hobden 28-08-2011 06:00 PM

Using Entourage for urg Mk2

"kay" wrote

alan.holmes Wrote:

It is much easier to use a proper ISP, your posts will always get
through!

So I guess no-one uses Entourage!

I went to Entourage when the two most used web-based sites stopped
picking up urg posts at the beginning of August. It was picking up all
the posts, it's just that mail doesn't seem to be going out. Back to the
drawing board!

Do you use a Mac then Kay? I understood Entourage was a Microsoft program
for use on a Mac with Microsoft Office but had now been superseded by
Outlook in the latest Office for Mac.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Entourage

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

kay 28-08-2011 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacha[_4_] (Post 934380)

I don't know if this helps Kay but I have a Mac and use Unison for
reading groups and Mac's own mail program. It's a long time since I
used Entourage but I do recall something going badly awry!

It might help :-)
What's Unison?
Is it free?

kay 29-08-2011 06:58 PM

Thanks :-)
On a quick look, there's a "buy now" button and a "download" button, so it looks like there may be a free and a paid-for version. I'll explore later.