Old 27-08-2011, 10:56 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Default Using Entourage for urg Mk2

I've been using Entourage for urg, and it's slowly dawned on me that my postings don't seem to be getting through. Nothing at my end to suggest why they shouldn't. Does anyone have experience of Entourage? It's better than my current method for reading urg, but not much good to me if I can't reply!
__________________
Old 27-08-2011, 05:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
kay

I use Google groups. More user friendly.
Eternal September when it breaks down as it seems to quite often.

They are both free
Old 27-08-2011, 06:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 09:49:29 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

On Aug 27, 10:56*am, kay wrote:
I've been using Entourage for urg, and it's slowly dawned on me that my
postings don't seem to be getting through. Nothing at my end to suggest
why they shouldn't. Does anyone have experience of Entourage? It's
better than my current method for reading urg, but not much good to me
if I can't reply!

--
kay

I use Google groups. More user friendly.
Eternal September when it breaks down as it seems to quite often.

They are both free

Some people filter out messages from Google groups because that's
where most of the spam comes from. There are lots of free news
servers. The most reliable way to read and post to newsgroups is to
use an application that can have multiple servers attached. I use
Agent with 11 news servers.

Steve

--
Neural network applications, help and support.

Neural Network Software. www.npsl1.com
EasyNN-plus. Neural Networks plus. www.easynn.com
SwingNN. Forecast with Neural Networks. www.swingnn.com
JustNN. Just Neural Networks. www.justnn.com

Old 27-08-2011, 06:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"harry" wrote ...

, kay wrote:
I've been using Entourage for urg, and it's slowly dawned on me that my
postings don't seem to be getting through. Nothing at my end to suggest
why they shouldn't. Does anyone have experience of Entourage? It's
better than my current method for reading urg, but not much good to me
if I can't reply!

I use Google groups. More user friendly.
Eternal September when it breaks down as it seems to quite often.

They are both free

Nothing wrong with Windows Live Mail if you use the "AutoHotkey" with the
"WlnQuoteFix" add on.

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

Old 27-08-2011, 10:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"harry" wrote in message
On Aug 27, 10:56 am, kay wrote:
I've been using Entourage for urg, and it's slowly dawned on me that my
postings don't seem to be getting through. Nothing at my end to suggest
why they shouldn't. Does anyone have experience of Entourage? It's
better than my current method for reading urg, but not much good to me
if I can't reply!

--
kay

I use Google groups. More user friendly.
Eternal September when it breaks down as it seems to quite often.

They are both free

It is much easier to use a proper ISP, your posts will always get through!

Old 28-08-2011, 08:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Aug 27, 6:38*pm, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
"harry" *wrote ...

, kay *wrote:
I've been using Entourage for urg, and it's slowly dawned on me that my
postings don't seem to be getting through. Nothing at my end to suggest
why they shouldn't. Does anyone have experience of Entourage? It's
better than my current method for reading urg, but not much good to me
if I can't reply!

I use Google groups. More user friendly.
Eternal September when it breaks down as it seems to quite often.

They are both free

Nothing wrong with Windows Live Mail if you use the "AutoHotkey" with the
"WlnQuoteFix" add on.

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

Outlook Express is OK too.
Old 28-08-2011, 11:20 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan.holmes View Post

It is much easier to use a proper ISP, your posts will always get through!
So I guess no-one uses Entourage!

I went to Entourage when the two most used web-based sites stopped picking up urg posts at the beginning of August. It was picking up all the posts, it's just that mail doesn't seem to be going out. Back to the drawing board!
__________________
Old 28-08-2011, 06:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"kay" wrote

alan.holmes Wrote:

It is much easier to use a proper ISP, your posts will always get
through!

So I guess no-one uses Entourage!

I went to Entourage when the two most used web-based sites stopped
picking up urg posts at the beginning of August. It was picking up all
the posts, it's just that mail doesn't seem to be going out. Back to the
drawing board!

Do you use a Mac then Kay? I understood Entourage was a Microsoft program
for use on a Mac with Microsoft Office but had now been superseded by
Outlook in the latest Office for Mac.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Entourage

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

Old 28-08-2011, 11:06 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha[_4_] View Post

I don't know if this helps Kay but I have a Mac and use Unison for
reading groups and Mac's own mail program. It's a long time since I
used Entourage but I do recall something going badly awry!
It might help :-)
What's Unison?
Is it free?
__________________
Old 29-08-2011, 06:58 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Thanks :-)
On a quick look, there's a "buy now" button and a "download" button, so it looks like there may be a free and a paid-for version. I'll explore later.

did anybody see this on urg? martin United Kingdom 158 04-02-2004 12:53 AM
URG Kew again? Provisionally Tue 29th Jim W United Kingdom 5 27-07-2003 11:34 PM
URG Kew again? Jim W United Kingdom 19 22-07-2003 05:13 PM
AD: A different way to read urg. kevin United Kingdom 4 19-04-2003 11:08 PM
Humour - I saw this and thought of URG.... flake United Kingdom 15 10-12-2002 01:04 AM