GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   ryobi 30cc dying after start up (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/199705-ryobi-30cc-dying-after-start-up.html)

chrisf-1 14-09-2011 11:11 AM

ryobi 30cc dying after start up

Can anyone help here it starts easily but will not tick over will only run on high revs then dies after 15 seconds or less and I do not know where to look I have cleaned the carb as best I can blown it through with air line and same problem persists Chris

harry 14-09-2011 06:51 PM

ryobi 30cc dying after start up

--
chrisf-1

Fuel starvation. Blocked air vent on tank? Blocked fuel filter? Water
in fuel?
It may not have a carb,the thing that looks like one may be a fuel
pump run off crankcase air pulses. Very common now.