GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Today's Tip (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/200088-todays-tip.html)

rog 20-10-2011 12:38 PM

Today's Tip

When you pull those tomato plants out of the ground in your greenhouse,
plant spring cabbage.
Rog (Mr. Bean)

Moonraker 20-10-2011 04:44 PM

Today's Tip

On 20/10/2011 12:38, Rog wrote:

When you pull those tomato plants out of the ground in your greenhouse,
plant spring cabbage.
Rog (Mr. Bean)

I would, but I put mine seedlings outside (first true leaves just
established) to water, forgot about them for 1/2 day, when I went to
them the blasted wood pidgins had scoffed the lot! :-((

Bob Hobden 20-10-2011 06:41 PM

Today's Tip

"Moonraker" wrote ...

Rog wrote:

When you pull those tomato plants out of the ground in your greenhouse,
plant spring cabbage.
Rog (Mr. Bean)

I would, but I put mine seedlings outside (first true leaves just
established) to water, forgot about them for 1/2 day, when I went to them
the blasted wood pidgins had scoffed the lot! :-((

We found last year the Whitefly overwintered on our Spring Cabbages and then
infected our main brassicas as soon as we planted them. Won't be doing that
again.
--
Regards Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup from the W. of London UK

David in Normandy[_8_] 20-10-2011 06:43 PM

Today's Tip

On 20/10/2011 19:41, Bob Hobden wrote:
"Moonraker" wrote ...

Rog wrote:

When you pull those tomato plants out of the ground in your greenhouse,
plant spring cabbage.
Rog (Mr. Bean)

I would, but I put mine seedlings outside (first true leaves just
established) to water, forgot about them for 1/2 day, when I went to
them the blasted wood pidgins had scoffed the lot! :-((

We found last year the Whitefly overwintered on our Spring Cabbages and
then infected our main brassicas as soon as we planted them. Won't be
doing that again.

I've had a plague of whitefly in the garden for the first time this
year. I notice they are currently setting up winter home on the runner
beans and garden cress in anticipation of some tasty brassicas in Spring.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.

No Name 20-10-2011 11:01 PM

Today's Tip

Rog wrote:
When you pull those tomato plants out of the ground in your greenhouse,
plant spring cabbage.

My plan is to replace them with lettucey type things this year.