Old 20-11-2011, 10:32 AM
Registered User

Default November Boquet

Well from my November Garden I have just collected a posy of Nasturiums, pinks, calendula, geraniums, roses and cornflowers. I had delphiniums in October too. I have daffodils at about six inches.

When i walk down a street here in sta labans i see african marigolds in ful flush.
I wonder I can bring in from the garden in December?

strangest autumn I remember
Old 21-11-2011, 01:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"ZeroZero" wrote
Well from my November Garden I have just collected a posy of
Nasturiums, pinks, calendula, geraniums, roses and cornflowers. I had
delphiniums in October too. I have daffodils at about six inches.

When i walk down a street here in sta labans i see african marigolds
in ful flush.
I wonder I can bring in from the garden in December?

strangest autumn I remember

It's been an odd year altogether, really.

My dahlias were done for weeks ago, during the one really sharp, frosty
night I think we've had so far. Pity, since they didn't get going until
rather later than usual after the winter.

On the other hand some things do seem to be holding on much longer, or
getting ahead of themselves. On Saturday I noticed little self-sown
plants of Linaria 'Fairy bouquet' have popped up and are in full flower
and the perennial candytuft, Iberis sempervirens has started blossoming
again. Rudbeckias, Calendula, Leucanthemum and Geranium 'Rozanne' are
still going and there are a few roses open with new buds forming.
Various bulbs seem to be coming up all over the place.

After two bad winters it would be nice to have a milder one and an early
spring.

--
Sue

Old 21-11-2011, 11:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Sue
writes
On the other hand some things do seem to be holding on much longer, or
getting ahead of themselves. On Saturday I noticed little self-sown
plants of Linaria 'Fairy bouquet' have popped up and are in full flower
and the perennial candytuft, Iberis sempervirens has started blossoming
again. Rudbeckias, Calendula, Leucanthemum and Geranium 'Rozanne' are
still going and there are a few roses open with new buds forming.

Last Thursday I passed the remnants of (what I guess is) a previous
year's wild-flower planting. That had Linaria (maroccana?), Escholtzia
californica, Coreopsis verticillata, Papaver rhoeas, Daucus carota,
Centaurea cyanus, Achillea millefolium and Linum grandiflorum flowering.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley