GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   I'm dreaming of a wet Christmass (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/201659-im-dreaming-wet-christmass.html)

Dave Hill 23-12-2011 02:30 PM

I'm dreaming of a wet Christmass

Here at the soggy end of Swansea Bay things have changed over the last
few hours.
The Wife had a hospital appointment early this morning, it was raining
but quite warm, on the weat there the rain started to belt down.
When I went out at 1pm to collect our post the rain had stoped and it
was colder. upon checking it had droped from 52f to 42f and we had had
1.45 inches of rain. Water running everywhere, pouring in from the
fields above us, the ground just can't take any more.
David
Thinking of building an ark here at the wet end of Swansea Bay.

Baz[_3_] 23-12-2011 02:57 PM

I'm dreaming of a wet Christmass

Dave Hill wrote in news:e70c003e-d88a-475c-
:

Here at the soggy end of Swansea Bay things have changed over the last
few hours.
The Wife had a hospital appointment early this morning, it was raining
but quite warm, on the weat there the rain started to belt down.
When I went out at 1pm to collect our post the rain had stoped and it
was colder. upon checking it had droped from 52f to 42f and we had had
1.45 inches of rain. Water running everywhere, pouring in from the
fields above us, the ground just can't take any more.
David
Thinking of building an ark here at the wet end of Swansea Bay.

Pouring with rain here in N.Lincs as well, and has been since aroun 6am.
Can feel it getting colder too.
My first day of a 3 week holiday from work. I was hoping to get some
outside jobs done too!

Baz

'Mike'[_4_] 23-12-2011 03:02 PM

"Baz" wrote in message
[...]

Raining here on the Isle of Wight too :-((

and I have a photo shoot to do this afternoon. At least the shoot inside but
I do have to get there!!

Mike

Baz[_3_] 23-12-2011 04:13 PM

On 2011-12-23 14:57:11 +0000, Baz said:

Dave Hill wrote in
:

Here at the soggy end of Swansea Bay things have changed over the
last few hours.
The Wife had a hospital appointment early this morning, it was
raining but quite warm, on the weat there the rain started to belt
down. When I went out at 1pm to collect our post the rain had stoped
and it was colder. upon checking it had droped from 52f to 42f and
we had had 1.45 inches of rain. Water running everywhere, pouring in
from the fields above us, the ground just can't take any more.
David
Thinking of building an ark here at the wet end of Swansea Bay.

Pouring with rain here in N.Lincs as well, and has been since aroun
6am. Can feel it getting colder too.
My first day of a 3 week holiday from work. I was hoping to get some
outside jobs done too!

Baz

Rain/sun/rain/sort-of-hail/sun.

No sun here, and not likely to be. The sky is that rotten grey colour that
I assosciate with rain and snow. It is to be expected at this time of year
but not welcome. We are over the shortest day at least. Not long now 'till
we will be comparing notes on problems with our growing gardens.(and me
asking questions).

Baz

Jake 23-12-2011 05:05 PM

I'm dreaming of a wet Christmass

On Fri, 23 Dec 2011 06:30:16 -0800 (PST), Dave Hill
wrote:

Here at the soggy end of Swansea Bay things have changed over the last
few hours.
The Wife had a hospital appointment early this morning, it was raining
but quite warm, on the weat there the rain started to belt down.
When I went out at 1pm to collect our post the rain had stoped and it
was colder. upon checking it had droped from 52f to 42f and we had had
1.45 inches of rain. Water running everywhere, pouring in from the
fields above us, the ground just can't take any more.
David
Thinking of building an ark here at the wet end of Swansea Bay.

Just as bad here at the dry(er) end. Ground is also saturated but the
drains can't take it either. Some local road flooding which apparently
is due to overloaded sewers up the hill rather than blocked drains
down here. Which, of course, means the flooding is s***!

It's dry at the moment and the sky's cloudless with a lovely red
colour in your direction. So let's hope that tomorrow's dryer.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling happily from the dryer end of Swansea Bay
because Santa's delivered a new weather station
so now I'll know how dry it is when it stops raining!

Dave Hill 24-12-2011 12:43 PM

wrote:

[...]

We have yet another screaming gale in Zuid Holland.
Gusts of wind reached 40 knots in the last hour.
--

Martin- Hide quoted text -

Saturday Morning and it's typical. I looked at the rain Radar this
morning and it was clear for around 50 miles around us, except for one
spot of heavy rain over Swansea, now at geting on for 1pm and its
raining again,
I was hopeing to spend the afternoon inside in the warmth of the sun
listing the dahlias.
David
At the wet end of Swansea Bay.