Old 23-12-2011, 02:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default I'm dreaming of a wet Christmass

Here at the soggy end of Swansea Bay things have changed over the last
few hours.
The Wife had a hospital appointment early this morning, it was raining
but quite warm, on the weat there the rain started to belt down.
When I went out at 1pm to collect our post the rain had stoped and it
was colder. upon checking it had droped from 52f to 42f and we had had
1.45 inches of rain. Water running everywhere, pouring in from the
fields above us, the ground just can't take any more.
David
Thinking of building an ark here at the wet end of Swansea Bay.
Old 23-12-2011, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 23 Dec 2011 06:30:16 -0800 (PST), Dave Hill
wrote:

Here at the soggy end of Swansea Bay things have changed over the last
few hours.
The Wife had a hospital appointment early this morning, it was raining
but quite warm, on the weat there the rain started to belt down.
When I went out at 1pm to collect our post the rain had stoped and it
was colder. upon checking it had droped from 52f to 42f and we had had
1.45 inches of rain. Water running everywhere, pouring in from the
fields above us, the ground just can't take any more.
David
Thinking of building an ark here at the wet end of Swansea Bay.

Just as bad here at the dry(er) end. Ground is also saturated but the
drains can't take it either. Some local road flooding which apparently
is due to overloaded sewers up the hill rather than blocked drains
down here. Which, of course, means the flooding is s***!

It's dry at the moment and the sky's cloudless with a lovely red
colour in your direction. So let's hope that tomorrow's dryer.

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling happily from the dryer end of Swansea Bay
because Santa's delivered a new weather station
so now I'll know how dry it is when it stops raining!

Old 24-12-2011, 12:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

wrote:

[...]

We have yet another screaming gale in Zuid Holland.
Gusts of wind reached 40 knots in the last hour.
--

Martin- Hide quoted text -

Saturday Morning and it's typical. I looked at the rain Radar this
morning and it was clear for around 50 miles around us, except for one
spot of heavy rain over Swansea, now at geting on for 1pm and its
raining again,
I was hopeing to spend the afternoon inside in the warmth of the sun
listing the dahlias.
David
At the wet end of Swansea Bay.

Wet, wet, wet David Hill United Kingdom 54 22-12-2012 03:28 PM
Wet, Wet, Wet Dave Hill United Kingdom 3 21-11-2011 11:14 PM
Evergreen recommendation for Portland, OR (wet, wet, wet) Jadene Mayla Lawns 0 27-06-2011 08:27 PM
Evergreen recommendation for Portland, OR (wet, wet, wet) Jess Lawns 0 24-04-2011 04:08 PM
Wet, Wet, Wet David Hill United Kingdom 16 06-02-2004 03:49 PM