Old 05-01-2012, 12:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default A year on the allotment.

You may recall that I put a time lapse sequence of the growing season 2010
on youtube. Several of you were kind enough to make complimentary comments,
so I promised to do one for the whole of the year 2011, and here it is.

http://youtu.be/ffO_NRqtrT4

As most of you will be aware, it wasn't a classic year for gardening, the
weather was very strange at times. Also, various other commitments and
projects made demands on our time. A total of 157 visits to the allotment is
recorded here, in just under 2 mins.

As ever, comments, questions, constuctive criticism and advice are all
welcome.

The next thing I have in mind is to record the whole of a 4 year crop
rotation, of which this is year 1. I'll report back again in January 2015 if
all goes well.

Enjoy.
Steve

Old 05-01-2012, 12:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
says...

You may recall that I put a time lapse sequence of the growing season 2010
on youtube. Several of you were kind enough to make complimentary comments,
so I promised to do one for the whole of the year 2011, and here it is.

http://youtu.be/ffO_NRqtrT4

As most of you will be aware, it wasn't a classic year for gardening, the
weather was very strange at times. Also, various other commitments and
projects made demands on our time. A total of 157 visits to the allotment is
recorded here, in just under 2 mins.

As ever, comments, questions, constuctive criticism and advice are all
welcome.

Great fun, thanks for that.

If I was to make a garden motto like your "garden as if you're going to
live forever" it would be "garden as if one day you might not be able to".

I've met a lot of old gardeners in physical decline frustrated by their
inability to manage.. or even reach and sit in ... the garden they spent
decades making when they were strong and energetic. "If only we'd made
wider paths, slopes not steps, more seats, more level paved areas etc ".

The next thing I have in mind is to record the whole of a 4 year crop
rotation, of which this is year 1. I'll report back again in January 2015 if
all goes well.

Thankyou

Janet