Poll: How much time do you spend in your garden in the Week
Poll Options
How much time do you spend in your garden in the Week

Old 28-01-2012, 02:30 PM
Registered User

Default How much time do you spend in your garden

Hey Everyone,

A bit of an unusual first post I know but a side part of a final year project I am doing at University I need to analyse how much time a typical person spends in their Garden using electrical equipment such as lights or a water feature. The project doesn't really address use of electrical tools such as lawn mowers or hedge trimmers but if you were likely to run something like a water feature while you tend to your garden please include that time.

There are found main categories. Daytime during the week (Monday - Thursday), Evening during the week, and both daytime and evening at the weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday), so could you tick a box for each category and its corresponding usage time. The time is a cumulative answer, so say for example, you spend an hour an evening, Monday to Thursday, that answer Weekday (evening) 2-5 hours, then tick another box for the other three categories. If you don't spend any time in one of the categories, say your at work in the day all week. Just don't tick an option for that category. Finally, evening refers to later on when it starts to get a bit darker and you may start to put lighting on (even for ambiance rather than need for extra lighting)

The poll is aimed at getting a fairly decent average usage model of how much time the British spend in their Garden in the Warmer months, and aims to reflect the kind of person who might have a few lights in their garden and maybe a water feature, so if the garden really isn't your thing and your not bothered about using it, or you simply don't have a garden, it would be very much appreciated if you could leave the poll to those who do make use of their garden.

For those of you that are interested, the project is assessing the economic feasibility of alternative power generation methods for utilities that are used in the summer, and as a final note, your input of data is PURELY for the use of this academic project, and will NOT be passed on for any marketing purposes nor will anything beyond your username be available for the poll.

Once again, thank you for any input and your help is very much appreciated!
Old 28-01-2012, 02:34 PM
Registered User

Please note I have had to split in to two threads as the forum only allows up to 10 options in the poll, but since this forum is filled with especially keen garden folk, I think it is necessary to have options for all 20, so I will set up the other thread and link it to here.

If you could all be so kind as to vote in both it would be very much appreciated
Old 28-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Registered User

Also, the bottom five results should read weekday (evening)

Sorry for any confusion, but Im not allowed to edit my posts or anything yet as I am new to the forum
Old 28-01-2012, 02:42 PM
Registered User

Here is the weekend version:

http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united...n-weekend.html