GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   GW tonight. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/202978-gw-tonight.html)

Bob Hobden 06-04-2012 10:53 PM

GW tonight.

Was it just me but all the talk of Dafs and I deadheaded mine last week.
Well and truly over.

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

Doug[_10_] 07-04-2012 05:37 AM

GW tonight.

On Apr 6, 10:53*pm, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
Was it just me but all the talk of Dafs and I deadheaded mine last week.
Well and truly over.

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

Mine are dead too. There weren't so many Dafs this year but the
bluebells seem to be more and are just coming into bloom.

Doug.

Martin Brown 07-04-2012 08:57 AM

GW tonight.

On 06/04/2012 22:53, Bob Hobden wrote:

Was it just me but all the talk of Dafs and I deadheaded mine last week.
Well and truly over.

So are all mine and I am up in North Yorkshire. The hot sun did for them
rather rapidly and the snow on Tuesday was the coup de grace.

Bluebells, muscari and the first proper tulips are out now. The odd
species tulip was up and flowering a couple of weeks ago.

GW is in some kind of time warp - a bit like Ambridge wrt weather.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

kay 07-04-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin Brown (Post 955246)
On 06/04/2012 22:53, Bob Hobden wrote:

Was it just me but all the talk of Dafs and I deadheaded mine last week.
Well and truly over.

So are all mine and I am up in North Yorkshire. The hot sun did for them
rather rapidly and the snow on Tuesday was the coup de grace.

Bluebells, muscari and the first proper tulips are out now. The odd
species tulip was up and flowering a couple of weeks ago.

GW is in some kind of time warp - a bit like Ambridge wrt weather.

Our daffs are still fully out, but I think will be over next week. the very first few bluebells are just appearing, but at the moment it's basically primroses and wood anemones. West Yorkshire, 400ft.

Solomon's Seal is out in the woods at Clapham (N Yorks)

Bob Hobden 07-04-2012 11:34 AM

GW tonight.

"Sacha" wrote

Doug said:

"Bob Hobden" wrote:
Was it just me but all the talk of Dafs and I deadheaded mine last week.
Well and truly over.

Mine are dead too. There weren't so many Dafs this year but the
bluebells seem to be more and are just coming into bloom.

Most of ours are over, both in the garden and in the hedgerows. Bluebells
are out and so are some early tulips. The Alliums are pushing through
vigorously and honesty is in flower here and there. The faithful primroses
are still going.

Mentioning primroses, we had a clump a few years ago but they eventually
died. Noticed this week primrose flowers in the edge of the lawn in two
places, obviously self seeded so they are still with us. Now, where to move
them to becomes a problem, this being an increasingly dry area.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Janet 07-04-2012 12:03 PM

GW tonight.

In article , says...

Was it just me but all the talk of Dafs and I deadheaded mine last week.
Well and truly over.

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

The early ones are still in full flower here and late ones not open
yet.

Janet (Scotland).

mogga 08-04-2012 01:36 PM

GW tonight.

On Fri, 6 Apr 2012 22:53:52 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

Was it just me but all the talk of Dafs and I deadheaded mine last week.
Well and truly over.

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

I have one left and a lot of dead heads
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk

Pam Moore[_2_] 09-04-2012 09:24 AM

GW tonight.

wrote:

Was it just me but all the talk of Dafs and I deadheaded mine last week.
Well and truly over.

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

I have one left and a lot of dead heads

I have some in full bloom in pots; thalia, pipit and hawera,
later-flowering than "ordinary daffs.

Pam in Bristol