Old 06-04-2012, 10:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default GW tonight.

Was it just me but all the talk of Dafs and I deadheaded mine last week.
Well and truly over.

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

Old 07-04-2012, 05:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Apr 6, 10:53*pm, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
Was it just me but all the talk of Dafs and I deadheaded mine last week.
Well and truly over.

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

Mine are dead too. There weren't so many Dafs this year but the
bluebells seem to be more and are just coming into bloom.

Doug.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 06/04/2012 22:53, Bob Hobden wrote:

Was it just me but all the talk of Dafs and I deadheaded mine last week.
Well and truly over.

So are all mine and I am up in North Yorkshire. The hot sun did for them
rather rapidly and the snow on Tuesday was the coup de grace.

Bluebells, muscari and the first proper tulips are out now. The odd
species tulip was up and flowering a couple of weeks ago.

GW is in some kind of time warp - a bit like Ambridge wrt weather.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old 07-04-2012, 10:40 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Brown View Post
On 06/04/2012 22:53, Bob Hobden wrote:

Was it just me but all the talk of Dafs and I deadheaded mine last week.
Well and truly over.

So are all mine and I am up in North Yorkshire. The hot sun did for them
rather rapidly and the snow on Tuesday was the coup de grace.

Bluebells, muscari and the first proper tulips are out now. The odd
species tulip was up and flowering a couple of weeks ago.

GW is in some kind of time warp - a bit like Ambridge wrt weather.
Our daffs are still fully out, but I think will be over next week. the very first few bluebells are just appearing, but at the moment it's basically primroses and wood anemones. West Yorkshire, 400ft.

Solomon's Seal is out in the woods at Clapham (N Yorks)
__________________
Old 07-04-2012, 11:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote

Doug said:

"Bob Hobden" wrote:
Was it just me but all the talk of Dafs and I deadheaded mine last week.
Well and truly over.

Mine are dead too. There weren't so many Dafs this year but the
bluebells seem to be more and are just coming into bloom.

Most of ours are over, both in the garden and in the hedgerows. Bluebells
are out and so are some early tulips. The Alliums are pushing through
vigorously and honesty is in flower here and there. The faithful primroses
are still going.

Mentioning primroses, we had a clump a few years ago but they eventually
died. Noticed this week primrose flowers in the edge of the lawn in two
places, obviously self seeded so they are still with us. Now, where to move
them to becomes a problem, this being an increasingly dry area.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 08-04-2012, 01:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 6 Apr 2012 22:53:52 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

Was it just me but all the talk of Dafs and I deadheaded mine last week.
Well and truly over.

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

I have one left and a lot of dead heads
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk
Old 09-04-2012, 09:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Was it just me but all the talk of Dafs and I deadheaded mine last week.
Well and truly over.

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

I have one left and a lot of dead heads

I have some in full bloom in pots; thalia, pipit and hawera,
later-flowering than "ordinary daffs.

Pam in Bristol