Old 27-04-2012, 11:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Allotment love.

Found this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17857858

Agree with the sentiments, but thought he was planting the spuds a bit close
together.

--
Kathy

Old 28-04-2012, 08:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Kathy" wrote ..

Found this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17857858

Agree with the sentiments, but thought he was planting the spuds a bit
close together.

I can understand the sentiments expressed because we were thrown off our
last allotment so the local Council could turn the site into a Park. You
just move on and find another plot somewhere else, if there is one. Starting
again from scratch is a lot of hard work, clearing the plot, flattening the
plot, getting all the bricks, plastic, glass and large stones out, improving
the soil. (Previous gardeners obviously used it as a tip) But think of it as
an opportunity to eventually make it even better than your last plot.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 28-04-2012, 08:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 23:22:05 +0100, Kathy wrote:

Found this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17857858

Agree with the sentiments, but thought he was planting the spuds a bit
close together.

I thought that was brilliant.
Many thanks for the link
Old 28-04-2012, 12:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

mrcpea wrote in news:vTMmr.91009$3u2.31402@en-nntp-
03.am2.easynews.com:

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 23:22:05 +0100, Kathy wrote:

Found this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17857858

Agree with the sentiments, but thought he was planting the spuds a bit
close together.

I thought that was brilliant.
Many thanks for the link

Yes, a breath of fresh air.

I thought his spuds were just about right if they were earlies, and I love
his planting tool thing.(bulb planter?)

Lovely video, thanks.
Baz

Old 28-04-2012, 01:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 11:01:15 +0000, Baz wrote:

mrcpea wrote in news:vTMmr.91009$3u2.31402@en-nntp-
03.am2.easynews.com:

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 23:22:05 +0100, Kathy wrote:

Found this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17857858

Agree with the sentiments, but thought he was planting the spuds a bit
close together.

I thought that was brilliant.
Many thanks for the link

Yes, a breath of fresh air.

I thought his spuds were just about right if they were earlies, and I
love his planting tool thing.(bulb planter?)

Lovely video, thanks.
Baz

I know it's a bit late, but my pots (earlies went in this morning.
Duke of York, Accord, Pentland Javelin & some Pink Fur Apple for mains.
I thought the planting was about right too. I normally srick to 15" down
the rows & 2' or so between.. Main crop slightly bigger gap along the row!

Richard

Old 29-04-2012, 06:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 27/04/2012 23:22, Kathy wrote:
Found this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17857858

Agree with the sentiments, but thought he was planting the spuds a bit
close together.

Really enjoyed that, Kathy. It reminded me so much of my father's
allotment up't'north. We still go up there and visit when we can.

Loved that potato planter. Made it look so easy.
Thanks for sharing it.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London

Roses I Love To Hate And The People Who Love Them Shiva Roses 30 10-06-2003 02:56 AM
New Interest Group on ICQ for Allotment Gardeners Roberto United Kingdom 0 13-04-2003 06:08 PM
Overgrown allotment? H United Kingdom 10 16-01-2003 11:27 PM
New Allotment Simon Diaz United Kingdom 6 19-12-2002 11:03 PM
Newbie - Allotment clearance Sam United Kingdom 3 27-10-2002 05:49 PM