GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   RHS Chelsea and Mr Gavin (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/203355-rhs-chelsea-mr-gavin.html)

Jake 30-04-2012 03:22 PM

RHS Chelsea and Mr Gavin

Just thought people might be interested in this!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/ga...er-show-803575

Just imagine some 70mph gales that week!

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the asylum formerly known as the
dry end of Swansea Bay.

Dave Hill 30-04-2012 06:00 PM

RHS Chelsea and Mr Gavin

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/ga...vin-chelsea-fl...

Just imagine some 70mph gales that week!

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the asylum formerly known as the
dry end of Swansea Bay.

What a farce.
The RHS must be loosing their marbles to allow such a thing.

Janet Tweedy[_2_] 30-04-2012 09:46 PM

RHS Chelsea and Mr Gavin

In article , Jake
writes
Just imagine some 70mph gales that week!

Maybe one day people will realise it's really a modern version of the e
emperor's new clothes and realise he has very little to do with
gardening and much more in common with 2 year old who like to say a rude
word to see if they can get away with it.

I'd put him on the top like a fairy on a tree and take away the crane
Janet Tweedy

Bob Hobden 30-04-2012 10:55 PM

RHS Chelsea and Mr Gavin

"Sacha" wrote

Dave Hill said:

Jake wrote:
Just thought people might be interested in this!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/ga...vin-chelsea-fl...

Just imagine some 70mph gales that week!

What a farce.
The RHS must be loosing their marbles to allow such a thing.

They know he'll bring the publicity, says she cynically.

That's not cynical that's the truth.
The RHS is not run by gardeners with muddy fingernails, it run by business
managers. Considering all the money that is ploughed into that organisation
their car park at Wisley is a total disgrace with potholes and mud
everywhere. What really annoys me is they tell us mere mortals how to garden
and grow veg etc, have wonderful trial fields, yet themselves use every
chemical known to man virtually all of which we can't buy/use. No organic
gardening in the RHS.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Janet 30-04-2012 11:40 PM

RHS Chelsea and Mr Gavin

In article , says...

"Sacha" wrote

Dave Hill said:

Jake wrote:
Just thought people might be interested in this!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/ga...vin-chelsea-fl...

Just imagine some 70mph gales that week!

What a farce.
The RHS must be loosing their marbles to allow such a thing.

They know he'll bring the publicity, says she cynically.

That's not cynical that's the truth.
The RHS is not run by gardeners with muddy fingernails, it run by business
managers. Considering all the money that is ploughed into that organisation
their car park at Wisley is a total disgrace with potholes and mud
everywhere. What really annoys me is they tell us mere mortals how to garden
and grow veg etc, have wonderful trial fields, yet themselves use every
chemical known to man virtually all of which we can't buy/use. No organic
gardening in the RHS.

That simply isn't true. They offer advice on organic gardening methods
;and demonstration trials.

http://www.rhs.org.uk/Gardening/Sustainable-
gardening/pdfs/c_and_e_organic

Janet

Bob Hobden 01-05-2012 08:59 AM

RHS Chelsea and Mr Gavin

"Janet" wrote

says...

"Sacha" wrote

Dave Hill said:

Jake wrote:
[...]

Do as I say not do as I do. They may tell people how to garden that way but
they don't do it themselves, they just spray when the punters are not
around.

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.