Old 30-04-2012, 03:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default RHS Chelsea and Mr Gavin

Just thought people might be interested in this!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/ga...er-show-803575

Just imagine some 70mph gales that week!

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the asylum formerly known as the
dry end of Swansea Bay.
Old 30-04-2012, 06:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/ga...vin-chelsea-fl...

Just imagine some 70mph gales that week!

Cheers, Jake
=======================================
Urgling from the asylum formerly known as the
dry end of Swansea Bay.

What a farce.
The RHS must be loosing their marbles to allow such a thing.
Old 30-04-2012, 09:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Jake
writes
Just imagine some 70mph gales that week!

Maybe one day people will realise it's really a modern version of the e
emperor's new clothes and realise he has very little to do with
gardening and much more in common with 2 year old who like to say a rude
word to see if they can get away with it.

I'd put him on the top like a fairy on a tree and take away the crane
Janet Tweedy
Old 30-04-2012, 10:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote

Dave Hill said:

Jake wrote:
Just thought people might be interested in this!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/ga...vin-chelsea-fl...

Just imagine some 70mph gales that week!

What a farce.
The RHS must be loosing their marbles to allow such a thing.

They know he'll bring the publicity, says she cynically.

That's not cynical that's the truth.
The RHS is not run by gardeners with muddy fingernails, it run by business
managers. Considering all the money that is ploughed into that organisation
their car park at Wisley is a total disgrace with potholes and mud
everywhere. What really annoys me is they tell us mere mortals how to garden
and grow veg etc, have wonderful trial fields, yet themselves use every
chemical known to man virtually all of which we can't buy/use. No organic
gardening in the RHS.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 30-04-2012, 11:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , says...

"Sacha" wrote

Dave Hill said:

Jake wrote:
Just thought people might be interested in this!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/ga...vin-chelsea-fl...

Just imagine some 70mph gales that week!

What a farce.
The RHS must be loosing their marbles to allow such a thing.

They know he'll bring the publicity, says she cynically.

That's not cynical that's the truth.
The RHS is not run by gardeners with muddy fingernails, it run by business
managers. Considering all the money that is ploughed into that organisation
their car park at Wisley is a total disgrace with potholes and mud
everywhere. What really annoys me is they tell us mere mortals how to garden
and grow veg etc, have wonderful trial fields, yet themselves use every
chemical known to man virtually all of which we can't buy/use. No organic
gardening in the RHS.

That simply isn't true. They offer advice on organic gardening methods
;and demonstration trials.

http://www.rhs.org.uk/Gardening/Sustainable-
gardening/pdfs/c_and_e_organic

Janet

Old 01-05-2012, 08:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet" wrote

says...

"Sacha" wrote

Dave Hill said:

Jake wrote:
[...]

Do as I say not do as I do. They may tell people how to garden that way but
they don't do it themselves, they just spray when the punters are not
around.

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.