Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Registered User

Default Which poppy was it?

Nine years ago a neighbour gave us some poppy seeds. The flowers had mainly white petals with some red at the bottom. As the season progressed successive blooms had more red, until they were mainly red with just a white border at the top (I think it was that way round!). The details are hazy due to a tragic bereavement that year which blocked out other things. Apart from being striking and unusual, the presence of 'poppies for remembrance' seemed appropriate.

I'd like to grow more of those poppies next year to mark the 10th anniversary, but have moved house and lost touch with the neighbour. Does anyone know what these were and where I might obtain seeds? Also are the seeds best planted this autumn or next spring? I live in Manchester.

Thanks in advance