Old 26-07-2012, 11:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default sewing astrantia maxima

I have a packet of seeds. It says on the packet "often germinates in
spring".

In Peter Thompson's "Creative Propagation" it says Astrantia is one of
the plants whose seeds benefit from heat conditioning and in the table
at the back it says to plant conditioned seed in August or September (or
that is how I interpret the entry "8/9" in the "Seeds Cnd" column).

I am considering dividing the packet into 4 and sewing one quarter
outside and another inside next month and then the same again next
April. Any advice?

We have some Astrantia Major which we bought as plantlets locally, it
has thrived and continues to spread. We have been on the look out for
some Maxima for a while but not come across any, hence the seeds which
come from Plant World Seeds.

--
Ellis Morgan
Old 24-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Morgan View Post
[...]

Your post is useful for me

Overgrown marrow - Cucurbita maxima Graham G United Kingdom 0 01-09-2007 01:59 AM
C. maxima wendy7 Orchid Photos 0 07-12-2006 03:47 AM
C. maxima wendy7 Orchid Photos 0 07-12-2006 03:43 AM
Rudbeckia Maxima question Cheryl Isaak Gardening 1 07-09-2006 05:21 PM
Corylus Maxima Purpurea + Corylus Avellana viable ? Anthony Stokes United Kingdom 0 08-09-2004 10:17 PM