Old 26-07-2012, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Optimist / pessimists?

I would suggest that farmers are pessimists. They always talk about the
crops that have failed. Gardeners however are optimists, yes they tell
you about the crops that failed but they also list the ones that were
successful.
Old 26-07-2012, 06:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Moonraker" wrote in message
I would suggest that farmers are pessimists. They always talk about the
crops that have failed. Gardeners however are optimists, yes they tell you
about the crops that failed but they also list the ones that were
successful.

Farmers have cried Wolf for just too long. No one believes them any more as
they run around in their Range Rovers.

Mike

Old 26-07-2012, 09:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Chris Hogg wrote in
:

On Thu, 26 Jul 2012 18:19:38 +0100, Moonraker
wrote:

I would suggest that farmers are pessimists. They always talk about the
crops that have failed. Gardeners however are optimists, yes they tell
you about the crops that failed but they also list the ones that were
successful.

Pessimists are seldom disappointed ("see, I said it was going to
rain"), and are often pleasantly surprised ("that's nice; it's turned
out fine after all").

Yes but its still a bit cloudy says the pessimist.
You are supposed to give that sample to the doctor says the optimist.
Pessimist says "you are my doctor"
Optimist says "not for much longer"

Baz
Old 26-07-2012, 09:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Moonraker" wrote in message
I would suggest that farmers are pessimists. They always talk about the
crops that have failed. Gardeners however are optimists, yes they tell you
about the crops that failed but they also list the ones that were
successful.

On Countryfile one dairy farmer showed off his electronic/automatic milking
machine - it cost a mere £60,000. Poor Chap.

Bill

Old 26-07-2012, 09:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message
Chris Hogg wrote in
:

wrote:

I would suggest that farmers are pessimists. They always talk about the
crops that have failed. Gardeners however are optimists, yes they tell
you about the crops that failed but they also list the ones that were
successful.

Pessimists are seldom disappointed ("see, I said it was going to
rain"), and are often pleasantly surprised ("that's nice; it's turned
out fine after all").

Yes but its still a bit cloudy says the pessimist.
You are supposed to give that sample to the doctor says the optimist.
Pessimist says "you are my doctor"
Optimist says "not for much longer"

Baz

Our Doctor always greets you as you enter his room with a 'Hello, how are
you?' I rolled him up one day with a "Well you're my Doctor you are supposed
to tell me how I am"

Mike

Old 26-07-2012, 09:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 26/07/2012 21:11, Bill Grey wrote:
"Moonraker" wrote in message
I would suggest that farmers are pessimists. They always talk about the
crops that have failed. Gardeners however are optimists, yes they tell you
about the crops that failed but they also list the ones that were
successful.

On Countryfile one dairy farmer showed off his electronic/automatic milking
machine - it cost a mere £60,000. Poor Chap.

Bill

Price that against having to milk the cows 3 times a day, 7 days a week
just for 2 years and see the saving.
That farmer has probably been working around 80 hours a week, remember
there's no max. working hours for the self employed, and remember there
are still all the other jobs to be done around the farm as well as milking
I remember having to be up at 4am ready to get the cows in and milking
started before 5am as we had our own milk round and second delivery was
don with the morning milk and had to be cooled and bottled by 9am.
None of today's automation, you filled 2 bottles at a time and caped
them by hand.