Old 03-08-2012, 05:44 PM
Registered User

Default Help Needed toIidentify Garden Tree Please

Hi All, Can anyone please help identify this tree? Its in my neighbours garden, another has started to shoot up in my garden and there are a few in the parkland at the back of my garden. I have looked online and the nearest I can find with a similar leaf is a wild cherry tree. I cant remember any blossom on my neighbours tree though. What do you think? Its branches are very long and spindly, its leaves are big, on average over 10cm long, they have toothed edges and alternate along the branch, they also feel hairy on the underside. I have uploads pics of my neighbours tree (this was heavily pruned the year before last) and the one shooting up in the park at the back of my garden. Thanks for your time!
Attached Thumbnails
Help Needed toIidentify Garden Tree Please-tree-3.jpg   Help Needed toIidentify Garden Tree Please-tree2.jpg   Help Needed toIidentify Garden Tree Please-tree1.jpg
Old 03-08-2012, 11:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Does this look like Prunus Dulcis, Almond Tree?

On 03/08/2012 17:21, CheshireCouple wrote:
Hi All, I bought a bare root Prunus Dulcis, ornamental Almond Tree from
Aldi, I have planted it in a container and it is doing well. I recently
looked on the internet at Prunus Dulcis to discover it looks nothing
like the tree I have. Can anyone help identify what my tree is please?

|Filename: prunus dulcis.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15206|

It would be good to see more of the upper growth.
My first thought was Pear, but Almond leaves do vary quite a bit.
David