GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Avon insect repellant (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/204701-avon-insect-repellant.html)

Pam Moore[_2_] 03-08-2012 02:01 PM

Avon insect repellant

For those of you who doubt it or don't know of it, the Avon
Skin-so-soft Dry Oil Body Spray, Woodland Fresh, was proved very
effective by some Army guys on manoevers in Canada last week.
A friend's son-in-law was going and dreading the flies expeirenced
there previously. I gave him my bottle, thinking he might be to tough
to use it. However, he phoned me up, told me they all used it, with
none experiencing bites.
Now I have to buy another bottle!

Pam in Bristol

Janet Tweedy[_2_] 03-08-2012 02:09 PM

Avon insect repellant

In article , Pam Moore
writes
For those of you who doubt it or don't know of it, the Avon
Skin-so-soft Dry Oil Body Spray, Woodland Fresh, was proved very
effective by some Army guys on manoevers in Canada last week.
A friend's son-in-law was going and dreading the flies expeirenced
there previously. I gave him my bottle, thinking he might be to tough
to use it. However, he phoned me up, told me they all used it, with
none experiencing bites.
Now I have to buy another bottle!

I also have their jungle formula one with sunscreen Pam, only too aware
on hot days that the sun can get you if you are in a garden!!
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

David in Normandy[_8_] 03-08-2012 03:54 PM

Avon insect repellant

On 2012-08-03 14:01:05 +0100, Pam Moore said:

For those of you who doubt it or don't know of it, the Avon
Skin-so-soft Dry Oil Body Spray, Woodland Fresh, was proved very
effective by some Army guys on manoevers in Canada last week.
A friend's son-in-law was going and dreading the flies expeirenced
there previously. I gave him my bottle, thinking he might be to tough
to use it. However, he phoned me up, told me they all used it, with
none experiencing bites.
Now I have to buy another bottle!

Pam in Bristol

That's the very one I've recommended several times! You're absolutely
correct, it's brilliant. Canadian lumberjacks use it!

Ah, that fits!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zey8567bcg

You beat me to it... without opening your link I'm guessing that is
going to be the Monty Python lumberjack song?

Baz[_3_] 03-08-2012 04:33 PM

Avon insect repellant

Pam Moore wrote in
:

For those of you who doubt it or don't know of it, the Avon
Skin-so-soft Dry Oil Body Spray, Woodland Fresh, was proved very
effective by some Army guys on manoevers in Canada last week.
A friend's son-in-law was going and dreading the flies expeirenced
there previously. I gave him my bottle, thinking he might be to tough
to use it. However, he phoned me up, told me they all used it, with
none experiencing bites.
Now I have to buy another bottle!

Pam in Bristol

Canadians are puffs

Christina Websell 03-08-2012 11:10 PM

Avon insect repellant

"Baz" wrote in message
Pam Moore wrote in
:

For those of you who doubt it or don't know of it, the Avon
Skin-so-soft Dry Oil Body Spray, Woodland Fresh, was proved very
effective by some Army guys on manoevers in Canada last week.
A friend's son-in-law was going and dreading the flies expeirenced
there previously. I gave him my bottle, thinking he might be to tough
to use it. However, he phoned me up, told me they all used it, with
none experiencing bites.
Now I have to buy another bottle!

Pam in Bristol

Canadians are puffs

What's the matter with you today, Baz?

Gary Woods 03-08-2012 11:32 PM

Avon insect repellant

"Christina Websell" wrote:

What's the matter with you today, Baz?

He's being humorous, following the "Lumberjack" number, with just a soupcon
of John Inman thrown in.

Christina Websell 04-08-2012 10:38 PM

Avon insect repellant

"Gary Woods" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote:

What's the matter with you today, Baz?

He's being humorous, following the "Lumberjack" number, with just a
soupcon
of John Inman thrown in.

I wouldn't have said a word about this had it not followed a please help
post, reply by Baz saying "you are a bad gardener."
Nothing else, no suggestion of help, just that comment.
I did not find that amusing.
Tina

--
Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at
home.earthlink.net/~garygarlic