Old 03-08-2012, 02:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Avon insect repellant

For those of you who doubt it or don't know of it, the Avon
Skin-so-soft Dry Oil Body Spray, Woodland Fresh, was proved very
effective by some Army guys on manoevers in Canada last week.
A friend's son-in-law was going and dreading the flies expeirenced
there previously. I gave him my bottle, thinking he might be to tough
to use it. However, he phoned me up, told me they all used it, with
none experiencing bites.
Now I have to buy another bottle!

Pam in Bristol
Old 03-08-2012, 02:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Pam Moore
writes
For those of you who doubt it or don't know of it, the Avon
Skin-so-soft Dry Oil Body Spray, Woodland Fresh, was proved very
effective by some Army guys on manoevers in Canada last week.
A friend's son-in-law was going and dreading the flies expeirenced
there previously. I gave him my bottle, thinking he might be to tough
to use it. However, he phoned me up, told me they all used it, with
none experiencing bites.
Now I have to buy another bottle!

I also have their jungle formula one with sunscreen Pam, only too aware
on hot days that the sun can get you if you are in a garden!!
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 03-08-2012, 03:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-08-03 14:01:05 +0100, Pam Moore said:

For those of you who doubt it or don't know of it, the Avon
Skin-so-soft Dry Oil Body Spray, Woodland Fresh, was proved very
effective by some Army guys on manoevers in Canada last week.
A friend's son-in-law was going and dreading the flies expeirenced
there previously. I gave him my bottle, thinking he might be to tough
to use it. However, he phoned me up, told me they all used it, with
none experiencing bites.
Now I have to buy another bottle!

Pam in Bristol

That's the very one I've recommended several times! You're absolutely
correct, it's brilliant. Canadian lumberjacks use it!

Ah, that fits!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zey8567bcg

You beat me to it... without opening your link I'm guessing that is
going to be the Monty Python lumberjack song?

Old 03-08-2012, 11:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message
Pam Moore wrote in
:

For those of you who doubt it or don't know of it, the Avon
Skin-so-soft Dry Oil Body Spray, Woodland Fresh, was proved very
effective by some Army guys on manoevers in Canada last week.
A friend's son-in-law was going and dreading the flies expeirenced
there previously. I gave him my bottle, thinking he might be to tough
to use it. However, he phoned me up, told me they all used it, with
none experiencing bites.
Now I have to buy another bottle!

Pam in Bristol

Canadians are puffs

What's the matter with you today, Baz?

Old 03-08-2012, 11:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Christina Websell" wrote:

What's the matter with you today, Baz?

He's being humorous, following the "Lumberjack" number, with just a soupcon
of John Inman thrown in.

Old 04-08-2012, 10:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Gary Woods" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote:

What's the matter with you today, Baz?

He's being humorous, following the "Lumberjack" number, with just a
soupcon
of John Inman thrown in.

I wouldn't have said a word about this had it not followed a please help
post, reply by Baz saying "you are a bad gardener."
Nothing else, no suggestion of help, just that comment.
I did not find that amusing.
Tina

--
Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at
home.earthlink.net/~garygarlic

Tulips-Stratford upon Avon-9687 Marutchi[_3_] Garden Photos 0 01-06-2008 08:21 AM
OT Premium Bond ..... AVON Calling 'Mike' United Kingdom 4 01-10-2007 03:18 PM
Avon spray Pam Moore United Kingdom 7 15-04-2007 06:45 PM
Insect Repellant Plant Wanda Australia 11 13-10-2003 11:06 PM
Avon Calling! Buzzy Gardening 0 01-09-2003 11:32 PM