Old 20-08-2012, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Scythes

My husband needs a new scythe, can someone recommend a good online business
to buy from.
thanks

kate

Old 20-08-2012, 02:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Kate Morgan" wrote in
:

My husband needs a new scythe, can someone recommend a good online
business to buy from.
thanks

kate

Partridges are very good I have found over the years.

http://tinyurl.com/9t46w5k

Hope this helps.
Baz
Old 20-08-2012, 03:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 20/08/2012 14:35, Baz wrote:
"Kate Morgan" wrote in
:

My husband needs a new scythe, can someone recommend a good online
business to buy from.
thanks

kate

Partridges are very good I have found over the years.

http://tinyurl.com/9t46w5k

Hope this helps.
Baz

These people offer a good range, not just thistle/bramble scythe
http://www.thescytheshop.co.uk/index.html
Old 20-08-2012, 04:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

David Hill wrote in news:a9euvjFrjcU1
@mid.individual.net:

On 20/08/2012 14:35, Baz wrote:
"Kate Morgan" wrote in
:

My husband needs a new scythe, can someone recommend a good online
business to buy from.
thanks

kate

Partridges are very good I have found over the years.

http://tinyurl.com/9t46w5k

Hope this helps.
Baz

These people offer a good range, not just thistle/bramble scythe
http://www.thescytheshop.co.uk/index.html

A bit of a confused site. If a person wants to buy, they would need to do
too much reading. Other than that a good place to order a scythe. BUT, do
they dither as much? Have you experience with them?
Baz
Old 20-08-2012, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 13:57:05 +0100, "Kate Morgan"
wrote:

My husband needs a new scythe, can someone recommend a good online business
to buy from.
thanks

kate

I enjoyed watching the item on scything on Countryfile last evening.
It looked a very relaxing thing to do.

Pam in Bristol

Old 20-08-2012, 05:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

My husband needs a new scythe, can someone recommend a good online business
to buy from.
thanks

kate

I enjoyed watching the item on scything on Countryfile last evening.
It looked a very relaxing thing to do.

Pam in Bristol

Indeed Pam, he watched that and rushed off into the barn to look for his old
one, having found it he decided that he needed a new one as there is an acre
paddock waiting for him :-)

Thank you all for your help and interest.

kate

Old 20-08-2012, 05:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

My husband needs a new scythe, can someone recommend a good online business
to buy from.
thanks

kate

I enjoyed watching the item on scything on Countryfile last evening.
It looked a very relaxing thing to do.

Pam in Bristol

I think it was the first time I've seen someone using a scythe properly,
and not trying to beat the grass to death with it.
David @ the almost rain free end of Swansea Bay
Old 20-08-2012, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

My husband needs a new scythe, can someone recommend a good online business
to buy from.
thanks

kate

I enjoyed watching the item on scything on Countryfile last evening.
It looked a very relaxing thing to do.

It's very good exercise!

Old 21-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Registered User

Location: isle of wight

Dont think i would be able to do that for 8 hours a day!
The scythe shop in dorset has a good selection and even runs beginners courses.
Garden tool buying advice, maintenance & general tips http://www.gardentoolslist.com