Old 10-09-2012, 05:27 PM
Registered User

Default scabious Biennial or annual

I tried these once, but they only started flowering in September. Last year I sowed some scabious Ace of Spades which flowered at end August. Some have appeared in my front garden this year (I must have sown them and planted them there last year). This year's sowing has one flowering a couple with flowers forming and the rest with no sign of flowering. If they don't flower this year will they do so next?
I have a feeling they are a short -lived perennial but I don't know where I read this.
The Ace of Spades is a superb dark purple with contrasting pink Anthers. You can see why pincushion flower is apt

Dwart Washington Navel orange - biennial? Higgs Boson Gardening 13 09-09-2013 02:28 AM
Biennial Bramley Lynda Thornton United Kingdom 4 16-08-2005 11:26 PM
Scabious seeds?? Paul United Kingdom 0 10-08-2003 10:32 AM
Biennial Janice United Kingdom 20 25-06-2003 08:30 PM
RSBCOS Annual Auction profpam Orchids 0 03-02-2003 08:17 PM