GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lawn Spreaders (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/205194-lawn-spreaders.html)

Rob 18-09-2012 01:50 PM

Lawn Spreaders

I have to buy one! 1500 sqm of new turf lawn.
Suggestions would be appreciated as there seems to be plethora of
devices available.

Rob

David WE Roberts[_4_] 19-09-2012 08:15 PM

Lawn Spreaders

"Rob" wrote in message
I have to buy one! 1500 sqm of new turf lawn.
Suggestions would be appreciated as there seems to be plethora of devices
available.

I had a Fisons lawn spreader - wheel which turn a bar under a hopper - and I
never found it effective.
The plastic packs (like a fuel can) with the spout seem to spread
effectively and they can be filled from bulk containers which are much
cheaper than buying more spreader packs.
Tried to Freegle the lawn spreader, then recycled it.
15m * 10m is easily doable with a hand held spreader pack.

Cheers

Dave R
[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Rob 21-09-2012 11:50 AM

Lawn Spreaders

On 19/09/2012 20:15, David WE Roberts wrote:

"Rob" wrote in message
I have to buy one! 1500 sqm of new turf lawn.
Suggestions would be appreciated as there seems to be plethora of
devices available.

I had a Fisons lawn spreader - wheel which turn a bar under a hopper -
and I never found it effective.
The plastic packs (like a fuel can) with the spout seem to spread
effectively and they can be filled from bulk containers which are much
cheaper than buying more spreader packs.
Tried to Freegle the lawn spreader, then recycled it.
15m * 10m is easily doable with a hand held spreader pack.

Cheers

Dave R

Tks 4 the replies. I have gone for the Earthway 2150 and have the prayer
mat handy!

Rob

Ophelia[_4_] 21-09-2012 01:16 PM

Lawn Spreaders

"Rob" wrote in message
I have to buy one! 1500 sqm of new turf lawn.
Suggestions would be appreciated as there seems to be plethora of
devices available.

I had a Fisons lawn spreader - wheel which turn a bar under a hopper -
and I never found it effective.
The plastic packs (like a fuel can) with the spout seem to spread
effectively and they can be filled from bulk containers which are much
cheaper than buying more spreader packs.
Tried to Freegle the lawn spreader, then recycled it.
15m * 10m is easily doable with a hand held spreader pack.

Cheers

Dave R

Tks 4 the replies. I have gone for the Earthway 2150 and have the prayer
mat handy!

Post photies please ;o)

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Ophelia[_4_] 22-09-2012 10:24 AM

Lawn Spreaders

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message

--

Google is your friend! See http://tinyurl.com/cvkntrn

Oooh that looks like a good bit of kit but .. ahem... I meant a photie of
you with your prayer mat!

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Ophelia[_4_] 22-09-2012 10:00 PM

Lawn Spreaders

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 10:24:55 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

Tks 4 the replies. I have gone for the Earthway 2150 and have the
prayer
mat handy!

Post photies please ;o)
--

Google is your friend! See http://tinyurl.com/cvkntrn

Oooh that looks like a good bit of kit but .. ahem... I meant a photie of
you with your prayer mat!
--

LOL! I missed that last bit!

;o)
--

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Rob 22-09-2012 11:42 PM

Lawn Spreaders

On 22/09/2012 22:00, Ophelia wrote:

Tks 4 the replies. I have gone for the Earthway 2150 and have the
prayer
mat handy!

Post photies please ;o)
--

Google is your friend! See http://tinyurl.com/cvkntrn

Oooh that looks like a good bit of kit but .. ahem... I meant a
photie of
you with your prayer mat!
--

LOL! I missed that last bit!

;o)

You'll have to wait. The damn thing is out of stock. Typical ecommerce.
probably
running a JIT operation back to back with an importer.

Ophelia[_4_] 23-09-2012 10:34 AM

Lawn Spreaders

"Rob" wrote in message
On 22/09/2012 22:00, Ophelia wrote:

Tks 4 the replies. I have gone for the Earthway 2150 and have the
prayer
mat handy!

Post photies please ;o)
--

Google is your friend! See http://tinyurl.com/cvkntrn

Oooh that looks like a good bit of kit but .. ahem... I meant a
photie of
you with your prayer mat!
--

LOL! I missed that last bit!

;o)

You'll have to wait. The damn thing is out of stock. Typical ecommerce.
probably
running a JIT operation back to back with an importer.

lol well it's just not good enough I say .... just not good enough ...

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/