Old 18-09-2012, 01:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rob Rob is offline

Default Lawn Spreaders

I have to buy one! 1500 sqm of new turf lawn.
Suggestions would be appreciated as there seems to be plethora of
devices available.

Rob
Old 19-09-2012, 08:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Rob" wrote in message
I have to buy one! 1500 sqm of new turf lawn.
Suggestions would be appreciated as there seems to be plethora of devices
available.

I had a Fisons lawn spreader - wheel which turn a bar under a hopper - and I
never found it effective.
The plastic packs (like a fuel can) with the spout seem to spread
effectively and they can be filled from bulk containers which are much
cheaper than buying more spreader packs.
Tried to Freegle the lawn spreader, then recycled it.
15m * 10m is easily doable with a hand held spreader pack.

Cheers

Dave R
[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Old 21-09-2012, 11:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rob Rob is offline

On 19/09/2012 20:15, David WE Roberts wrote:

"Rob" wrote in message
I have to buy one! 1500 sqm of new turf lawn.
Suggestions would be appreciated as there seems to be plethora of
devices available.

I had a Fisons lawn spreader - wheel which turn a bar under a hopper -
and I never found it effective.
The plastic packs (like a fuel can) with the spout seem to spread
effectively and they can be filled from bulk containers which are much
cheaper than buying more spreader packs.
Tried to Freegle the lawn spreader, then recycled it.
15m * 10m is easily doable with a hand held spreader pack.

Cheers

Dave R

Tks 4 the replies. I have gone for the Earthway 2150 and have the prayer
mat handy!

Rob
Old 21-09-2012, 01:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Rob" wrote in message
I have to buy one! 1500 sqm of new turf lawn.
Suggestions would be appreciated as there seems to be plethora of
devices available.

I had a Fisons lawn spreader - wheel which turn a bar under a hopper -
and I never found it effective.
The plastic packs (like a fuel can) with the spout seem to spread
effectively and they can be filled from bulk containers which are much
cheaper than buying more spreader packs.
Tried to Freegle the lawn spreader, then recycled it.
15m * 10m is easily doable with a hand held spreader pack.

Cheers

Dave R

Tks 4 the replies. I have gone for the Earthway 2150 and have the prayer
mat handy!

Post photies please ;o)

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 22-09-2012, 10:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message

--

Google is your friend! See http://tinyurl.com/cvkntrn

Oooh that looks like a good bit of kit but .. ahem... I meant a photie of
you with your prayer mat!

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 22-09-2012, 10:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 10:24:55 +0100, "Ophelia"
wrote:

Tks 4 the replies. I have gone for the Earthway 2150 and have the
prayer
mat handy!

Post photies please ;o)
--

Google is your friend! See http://tinyurl.com/cvkntrn

Oooh that looks like a good bit of kit but .. ahem... I meant a photie of
you with your prayer mat!
--

LOL! I missed that last bit!

;o)
--

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 22-09-2012, 11:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rob Rob is offline

On 22/09/2012 22:00, Ophelia wrote:

Tks 4 the replies. I have gone for the Earthway 2150 and have the
prayer
mat handy!

Post photies please ;o)
--

Google is your friend! See http://tinyurl.com/cvkntrn

Oooh that looks like a good bit of kit but .. ahem... I meant a
photie of
you with your prayer mat!
--

LOL! I missed that last bit!

;o)

You'll have to wait. The damn thing is out of stock. Typical ecommerce.
probably
running a JIT operation back to back with an importer.

Old 23-09-2012, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Rob" wrote in message
On 22/09/2012 22:00, Ophelia wrote:

Tks 4 the replies. I have gone for the Earthway 2150 and have the
prayer
mat handy!

Post photies please ;o)
--

Google is your friend! See http://tinyurl.com/cvkntrn

Oooh that looks like a good bit of kit but .. ahem... I meant a
photie of
you with your prayer mat!
--

LOL! I missed that last bit!

;o)

You'll have to wait. The damn thing is out of stock. Typical ecommerce.
probably
running a JIT operation back to back with an importer.

lol well it's just not good enough I say .... just not good enough ...

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Lawn spreaders renedrag Lawns 3 19-03-2009 01:06 PM
lawn spreaders Phisherman[_3_] Gardening 3 09-10-2008 02:00 AM
New lawn now 2", leave trimmings on lawn? MM United Kingdom 7 12-05-2005 09:53 PM
Riding lawn mower and lawn roller Eric Gardening 1 02-05-2005 08:06 PM
Can I Use Scotts Lawn Pro Step 4 Lawn Fertilizer for Overseeding? Mike Thompson Lawns 1 10-09-2003 07:42 PM