GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Please,Please, Please prune (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/205569-please-please-please-prune.html)

No Name 26-10-2012 10:28 PM

Please,Please, Please prune

Martin wrote:
Chucking it down with mizzle here on the south east coast of the Isle of
Wight
I had to look up "mizzle".

Mizzle's a great word. It's like an onomatopoeia of weather.

Really?

Mizzle falls with a resounding silence.

Of weather, not of sound. Mizzle because it is .. mizzley. It makes sense
to me. :-)

No Name 26-10-2012 10:28 PM

Please,Please, Please prune

'Mike' wrote:
Please,Please, Please don't top post

I didn't, I forwarded a message to Judith. **** off.

Pam Moore[_2_] 26-10-2012 11:05 PM

Please,Please, Please prune

On Fri, 26 Oct 2012 18:27:49 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"stuart noble" wrote in message

I thought only Cornwall got mizzle. Daphne du Maurier?

The term "mizzle" is commonly used here in Leics. It's less than drizzle,
it's what covers you with wet when it's foggy. That's mizzle. Not actually
raining or drizzling but the air kind of wets you. Does that make sense?

We've had a whole week of mizzle and I didn't know what to call it!
Thanks.
I realise this is OT in thread on pruning. I wanted to go in the
garden and do some pruning but it was too mizzly!

Pam in Bristol

Chris J Dixon 27-10-2012 08:47 AM

Please,Please, Please prune

wrote:

'Mike' wrote:
Please,Please, Please don't top post

I didn't, I forwarded a message to Judith.

You may well have, but you also, intentionally or otherwise,
copied it to the group.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Have dancing shoes, will ceilidh.

No Name 27-10-2012 06:04 PM

Please,Please, Please prune

Chris J Dixon wrote:
Please,Please, Please don't top post

I didn't, I forwarded a message to Judith.

You may well have, but you also, intentionally or otherwise,
copied it to the group.

I didn't mean I forwarded it via email, I meant I was deliberately
re-posting the message, with an introductary line, to this newsgroup
so that Judith, and anyone else involved in the conversation, could
read it.

Oh I give in, this conversation is idiotic (as are most that 'Mike'
involves himself in)