GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   oops (:-( - photo now here. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/205603-oops-photo-now-here.html)

Pete[_9_] 05-11-2012 07:26 AM

oops (:-( - photo now here.

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

Ain't that just the truth.
My mushroom books are now just for identification interest only. Not
whether they say they are safe to eat. It really is potentially fatal and
I was lucky to get away with being on the toilet for two days and not being
in a coffin.
They look so benign exactly like the good ones..or my one did anyway.
Tina

Well, it is just a variety of food poisoning really-
most people have had the toilet experience from naughty chicken and fish.
Just that with the naughty fungi, the poison is a permanent resident and can
be more toxic.

Pete

Christina Websell 05-11-2012 07:18 PM

oops (:-( - photo now here.

"Pete" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

Ain't that just the truth.
My mushroom books are now just for identification interest only. Not
whether they say they are safe to eat. It really is potentially fatal and
I was lucky to get away with being on the toilet for two days and not
being in a coffin.
They look so benign exactly like the good ones..or my one did anyway.
Tina

Well, it is just a variety of food poisoning really-
most people have had the toilet experience from naughty chicken and fish.
Just that with the naughty fungi, the poison is a permanent resident and
can be more toxic.

Yes, it can be a death experience. Do Not Eat any fungi in your garden
unless you know what it is.

David Hill 05-11-2012 08:16 PM

oops (:-( - photo now here.

On 05/11/2012 19:18, Christina Websell wrote:
"Pete" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

Ain't that just the truth.
My mushroom books are now just for identification interest only. Not
whether they say they are safe to eat. It really is potentially fatal and
I was lucky to get away with being on the toilet for two days and not
being in a coffin.
They look so benign exactly like the good ones..or my one did anyway.
Tina

Well, it is just a variety of food poisoning really-
most people have had the toilet experience from naughty chicken and fish.
Just that with the naughty fungi, the poison is a permanent resident and
can be more toxic.

Yes, it can be a death experience. Do Not Eat any fungi in your garden
unless you know what it is.

I'd have thought that eating Anything in your garden at this time of
year could be the death of you, not just unknown fungi from the garden.

Pete[_9_] 05-11-2012 10:08 PM

oops (:-( - photo now here.

"David Hill" wrote in message ...

I'd have thought that eating Anything in your garden at this time of year
could be the death of you, not just unknown fungi from the garden.

Our garden veg plot produce has not "got" us yet - and there is a fair
amount still
lined up for consumption before the spring rotovate next year. (:-)

Pete

David Hill 05-11-2012 10:23 PM

oops (:-( - photo now here.

On 05/11/2012 22:08, Pete wrote:

"David Hill" wrote in message ...

I'd have thought that eating Anything in your garden at this time of
year could be the death of you, not just unknown fungi from the garden.

Our garden veg plot produce has not "got" us yet - and there is a fair
amount still
lined up for consumption before the spring rotovate next year. (:-)

Pete

But I bet you don't eat it in the garden

kay 05-11-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Hill (Post 972402)
On 05/11/2012 19:18, Christina Websell wrote: Do Not Eat any fungi in your garden
unless you know what it is.[/i][/color]

I'd have thought that eating Anything in your garden at this time of
year could be the death of you, not just unknown fungi from the garden.

Or indeed any time of year.

{pedant mode}
And of course, knowing what it is doesn't by itself preserve you from death. There are many things that I recognise which I certainly wouldn't advise eating!

Pete[_9_] 06-11-2012 08:12 AM

oops (:-( - photo now here.

"kay" wrote in message ...

Or indeed any time of year.

{pedant mode}
And of course, knowing what it is doesn't by itself preserve you from
death. There are many things that I recognise which I certainly wouldn't
advise eating!

You would be surprised where I munch the odd carrot ---- at any time of the
year !!!
Pete

[email protected] 06-11-2012 04:06 PM

Snow forecast

On Tue, 06 Nov 2012 10:14:13 +0100, Martin wrote:

John hooked his laptop up to the TV, so that I could watch BBC Alba
last night. Much better than on the computer.

No laptop here, unfortunately.

Christmas is coming.

in less than 50 days.

At least the hours of daylight will be increasing again.

G.Harman