Old 16-11-2012, 02:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Geranium - Russell Pritchard

On Monday, August 10, 1998 8:00:00 AM UTC+1, Kay Bullen at Hedgehog Helpline wrote:
Does anyone know of a geranium nursery the only ones I have found on the web sell pelargoniums or are not in the UK.Or does anyone have the seed of Russell Pritchard (does it come true from seed?) which they could let me have.Dave Bullen

Old 16-11-2012, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Helpline wrote:
Does anyone know of a geranium nursery the only ones I have found on the
web sell pelargoniums or are not in the UK.Or does anyone have the seed
of Russell Pritchard (does it come true from seed?) which they could let
me have.Dave Bullen

Not sure where you would get one these days, but I can tell you that it is a
hybrid between Geranium endressi and geranium traversii, the latter being
quite tricky to grow. the resulting plants are not long lived in wet gardens
like mine but do better in dry sunny gardens. the two best known hybrids are
Russell Pritchard and Mavis Simpson but I have in the past raised several
good plants here by crossing the species before I got fed up with replacing
them every other year. I have never noticed seed on the plants, which will
not come true
Beth Chatto sells it as do many other outlets
http://www.bethchattoshop.co.uk/shop/7/338/index.htm
--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs