Old 27-11-2012, 08:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default The snoopy sloop

In case you didn't see this tonight on South Today[1], The Snoopy Sloop was
set adrift from Barton-on Sea in an attempt to become the first unmanned
vessel to cross the atlantic. This link refers. -

http://tinyurl.com/d4wuqf5

Trouble is, it appears to have turned East instead of West and got stuck on
the Isle of Wight.

This link is to it's progress -

http://tinyurl.com/c4u2dck

So, what we need now is someone to nip down there and free it off. Any
volunteers? Come on now, one of us must be on the IOW. And as we all know, a
volunteer is worth ten pressed men.

Steve

[1] Those of you who live in the South, natch.

Old 28-11-2012, 09:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"shazzbat" wrote in message
In case you didn't see this tonight on South Today[1], The Snoopy Sloop
was set adrift from Barton-on Sea in an attempt to become the first
unmanned vessel to cross the atlantic. This link refers. -

http://tinyurl.com/d4wuqf5

Trouble is, it appears to have turned East instead of West and got stuck
on the Isle of Wight.

Oh well, never mind. It appears to have given up the ghost. Not the first
vessel to be dashed to pieces on the needles, and won't be the last.
Perhaps they should have had a sailor on the team, someone who knew about
the currents etc.

Steve

Old 28-11-2012, 04:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"shazzbat" wrote in message
In case you didn't see this tonight on South Today[1], The Snoopy Sloop
was set adrift from Barton-on Sea in an attempt to become the first
unmanned vessel to cross the atlantic. This link refers. -

http://tinyurl.com/d4wuqf5

Trouble is, it appears to have turned East instead of West and got stuck
on the Isle of Wight.

Oh well, never mind. It appears to have given up the ghost. Not the first
vessel to be dashed to pieces on the needles, and won't be the last.
Perhaps they should have had a sailor on the team, someone who knew about
the currents etc.

Steve

If they wanted it to cross the Atlantic I would have thought the West coast
a bettter place to start?

Old 29-11-2012, 03:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 16:02:07 -0000, Tahiri wrote:

If they wanted it to cross the Atlantic I would have thought the West
coast a bettter place to start?

East coast.

Of America. Don't the Trade Winds blow vaugely west to east across the
North Atlantic? If you get down to the Azores they start to blow east to
west.

--
Cheers
Dave.