Old 21-12-2012, 09:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default The end of the world. Maybe.

All this 'end of the world' talk is getting a bit tedious. Everyone is
cracking apocalypse jokes like there is no tomorrow...

Steve

Old 21-12-2012, 12:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"shazzbat" wrote in news:kb1ao6$aaa$1
@news.albasani.net:

All this 'end of the world' talk is getting a bit tedious. Everyone is
cracking apocalypse jokes like there is no tomorrow...

Steve

Nice one.

Baz
Old 21-12-2012, 01:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 21/12/2012 12:44, Baz wrote:
"shazzbat" wrote in news:kb1ao6$aaa$1
@news.albasani.net:

All this 'end of the world' talk is getting a bit tedious. Everyone is
cracking apocalypse jokes like there is no tomorrow...

Steve

Nice one.

Baz

With the stinking colds that the Wife and I have I don't think we'd even
notice.
Old 21-12-2012, 02:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

David Hill wrote in
:

With the stinking colds that the Wife and I have I don't think we'd
even notice.

You will, in a day or two, when you both feel better after a good nights
sleep.

Baz
Old 21-12-2012, 02:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

David Hill wrote in
:

On 21/12/2012 12:44, Baz wrote:
"shazzbat" wrote in
news:kb1ao6$aaa$1 @news.albasani.net:

All this 'end of the world' talk is getting a bit tedious. Everyone
is cracking apocalypse jokes like there is no tomorrow...

Steve

Nice one.

Baz

With the stinking colds that the Wife and I have I don't think we'd
even notice.

You will both feel better soon, after a good nights sleep.

Baz

Old 21-12-2012, 06:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-12-21 13:53:58 +0000, David Hill
said:

On 21/12/2012 12:44, Baz wrote:
"shazzbat" wrote in
@news.albasani.net:

All this 'end of the world' talk is getting a bit tedious. Everyone is
cracking apocalypse jokes like there is no tomorrow...

Steve

Nice one.

Baz

With the stinking colds that the Wife and I have I don't think we'd
even notice.

Oh dear! Not Devon-caught colds, I hope!

Yes, I'm afraid to say you are right Sacha, came home on Sunday with the
makings of these super colds.
A good nights sleep would be great, but hasn't been on the for the last
3 nights, and I think tonight will be wishful thinking as well.

Old 21-12-2012, 06:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

David Hill wrote:

A good nights sleep would be great, but hasn't been on the for the last
3 nights, and I think tonight will be wishful thinking as well.

I highly recommend the whisky cure. If you can't kill the germs, at least
you can show them a good time!

Old 21-12-2012, 07:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 21/12/2012 18:58, Gary Woods wrote:
David Hill wrote:

A good nights sleep would be great, but hasn't been on the for the last
3 nights, and I think tonight will be wishful thinking as well.

I highly recommend the whisky cure. If you can't kill the germs, at least
you can show them a good time!

Feed a cold
and starve a fever.
I'm on the scotch caus I've got neither

Old 22-12-2012, 09:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-12-21 18:51:15 +0000, David Hill

On 2012-12-21 13:53:58 +0000, David Hill
said:

On 21/12/2012 12:44, Baz wrote:
"shazzbat" wrote in
@news.albasani.net:

All this 'end of the world' talk is getting a bit tedious.
Everyone is
cracking apocalypse jokes like there is no tomorrow...

Steve

Nice one.

Baz

With the stinking colds that the Wife and I have I don't think we'd
even notice.

Oh dear! Not Devon-caught colds, I hope!

Yes, I'm afraid to say you are right Sacha, came home on Sunday with
the makings of these super colds.
A good nights sleep would be great, but hasn't been on the for the
last 3 nights, and I think tonight will be wishful thinking as well.

Oh, I am really sorry to hear that. But I do promise you didn't get them
from us - all still healthy here. Do you both get the flu jabs? I've
had two years of those and, touching wood, have two Christmases/winters
without a truly vile cold and eventual bronchitis.And without wishing to
sound like the world's grandmother, Olbas Oil on the pillow does help
with the breathing issues, too. I wish you both better very very
quickly. It was lovely to see you both and thank you so very much for
the presents you sent and which arrived today. What a charming and
unexpected surprise.

Both had flu jabs, I've been having them for about 25 years and they
work well.
Old 22-12-2012, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-12-21 18:51:15 +0000, David Hill

On 2012-12-21 13:53:58 +0000, David Hill
said:

On 21/12/2012 12:44, Baz wrote:
"shazzbat" wrote in
@news.albasani.net:

[...]

Years ago as a Civil Servant I received a Flu Jab as did all of us. Two of
us reacted very badly and consequently never had one since. Still don't get
flu but I feel that it is important what you eat. Eat healthy and you stay
healthy.

Mike

Old 21-12-2012, 08:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Baz
writes
"shazzbat" wrote in news:kb1ao6$aaa$1
:

All this 'end of the world' talk is getting a bit tedious. Everyone is
cracking apocalypse jokes like there is no tomorrow...

Steve

Nice one.

Baz

Hello Hello