GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   OT Anyone know a good traditional cooking group? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/206059-ot-anyone-know-good-traditional-cooking-group.html)

Baz[_6_] 30-12-2012 06:23 PM

OT Anyone know a good traditional cooking group?

There are too many groups to sift through.

Thanks
Baz

David Rance[_6_] 30-12-2012 07:27 PM

On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 Baz wrote:

There are too many groups to sift through.

I suggested starting one a few years ago but there was no interest.

David

http://rance.org.uk

David Hill 30-12-2012 07:47 PM

On 30/12/2012 18:23, Baz wrote:
There are too many groups to sift through.

Thanks
Baz

Don't say you're Beeton before you start.

Baz[_6_] 30-12-2012 07:58 PM

OT Anyone know a good traditional cooking group?

David Hill wrote in news:akbk33F6l3tU1
@mid.individual.net:

On 30/12/2012 18:23, Baz wrote:
There are too many groups to sift through.

Thanks
Baz

Don't say you're Beeton before you start.

Oh heck!

Baz

Baz[_6_] 30-12-2012 08:04 PM

On 30/12/2012 18:23, Baz wrote:
There are too many groups to sift through.

Thanks
Baz

Don't say you're Beeton before you start.

Mrs. Beeton is always in the kitchen but Fanny Craddock jogs, and has a
pant in the country.

Work it out lads
Baz

'Mike'[_4_] 30-12-2012 08:14 PM

On 30/12/2012 18:23, Baz wrote:
There are too many groups to sift through.

Thanks
Baz

Don't say you're Beeton before you start.

Mrs. Beeton is always in the kitchen but Fanny Craddock jogs, and has a
pant in the country.

Work it out lads
Baz

Would Johnny know the answer to that one?

Ophelia[_7_] 30-12-2012 10:06 PM

"David Rance" wrote in message
On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 Baz wrote:

There are too many groups to sift through.

I suggested starting one a few years ago but there was no interest.

If you started one now, I would be very interested.

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Bill Grey 30-12-2012 10:41 PM

"David Hill" wrote in message
On 30/12/2012 18:23, Baz wrote:
There are too many groups to sift through.

Thanks
Baz

Don't say you're Beeton before you start.

Wait until (Y)easter - someone may Rise to the bait

Bill

David Rance[_6_] 31-12-2012 04:30 AM

On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 Baz wrote:

There are too many groups to sift through.

I suggested starting one a few years ago but there was no interest.

If you started one now, I would be very interested.

Actually I do take one called free.uk.recipes but since I joined two
months ago there has been just one article. It was for minestrone soup.

A quick scan on Google groups says that there were 122 articles since
last December.

David

http://rance.org.uk

Ophelia[_7_] 31-12-2012 11:29 AM

On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 Baz wrote:

There are too many groups to sift through.

I suggested starting one a few years ago but there was no interest.

If you started one now, I would be very interested.

Actually I do take one called free.uk.recipes but since I joined two
months ago there has been just one article. It was for minestrone soup.

A quick scan on Google groups says that there were 122 articles since last
December.

Thanks, I'll have a wee look:)
http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

David Rance[_6_] 31-12-2012 11:49 AM

On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 Baz wrote:

There are too many groups to sift through.

I suggested starting one a few years ago but there was no interest.

If you started one now, I would be very interested.

Actually I do take one called free.uk.recipes but since I joined two
months ago there has been just one article. It was for minestrone soup.

A quick scan on Google groups says that there were 122 articles since
last December.

Thanks, I'll have a wee look:)

Maybe I'll post some of my own recipes and see what sort of a reception
it generates.

David

http://rance.org.uk

Janet Tweedy[_2_] 31-12-2012 12:11 PM

On 31/12/2012 11:49, David Rance wrote:
Maybe I'll post some of my own recipes and see what sort of a reception
it generates.

David

what I'd like is a good discussion forum about where to get ingredients
or what good ideas people have for substituting stuff in recipes or
maybe their favourite recipes though not sure there's a copyright on
them? i love the maple syrup and pecan cupcake recipe on good Food
website though i put the pecans in the actual cupcake and glitter on
top of the icing if it's for a special occasions
Could we start a group? maybe a UK one as I find cups and stuff for
measuring and some of the terms in the US very confusing!

Pete C[_2_] 31-12-2012 12:29 PM

"Baz" wrote in message
There are too many groups to sift through.

I watch cooking progs from time to time. However, none seem to cater for the
single person. Trawling through recipe books, you get 'feeds 4 or 6' and
scaling down amounts isn't always feasable.
--
Pete C

Pete C[_2_] 31-12-2012 12:30 PM

"Bill Grey" wrote in message

"David Hill" wrote in message
On 30/12/2012 18:23, Baz wrote:
There are too many groups to sift through.

Thanks
Baz

Don't say you're Beeton before you start.

Wait until (Y)easter - someone may Rise to the bait

That will take time to prove :)
--
Pete C