Old 30-12-2012, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT Anyone know a good traditional cooking group?

There are too many groups to sift through.

Thanks
Baz
Old 30-12-2012, 07:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 Baz wrote:

There are too many groups to sift through.

I suggested starting one a few years ago but there was no interest.

David

http://rance.org.uk

Old 30-12-2012, 07:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 30/12/2012 18:23, Baz wrote:
There are too many groups to sift through.

Thanks
Baz

Don't say you're Beeton before you start.

Old 30-12-2012, 08:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 30/12/2012 18:23, Baz wrote:
There are too many groups to sift through.

Thanks
Baz

Don't say you're Beeton before you start.

Mrs. Beeton is always in the kitchen but Fanny Craddock jogs, and has a
pant in the country.

Work it out lads
Baz
Old 30-12-2012, 08:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 30/12/2012 18:23, Baz wrote:
There are too many groups to sift through.

Thanks
Baz

Don't say you're Beeton before you start.

Mrs. Beeton is always in the kitchen but Fanny Craddock jogs, and has a
pant in the country.

Work it out lads
Baz

Would Johnny know the answer to that one?

Old 30-12-2012, 10:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Rance" wrote in message
On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 Baz wrote:

There are too many groups to sift through.

I suggested starting one a few years ago but there was no interest.

If you started one now, I would be very interested.

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 30-12-2012, 10:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Hill" wrote in message
On 30/12/2012 18:23, Baz wrote:
There are too many groups to sift through.

Thanks
Baz

Don't say you're Beeton before you start.

Wait until (Y)easter - someone may Rise to the bait

Bill

Old 31-12-2012, 04:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 Baz wrote:

There are too many groups to sift through.

I suggested starting one a few years ago but there was no interest.

If you started one now, I would be very interested.

Actually I do take one called free.uk.recipes but since I joined two
months ago there has been just one article. It was for minestrone soup.

A quick scan on Google groups says that there were 122 articles since
last December.

David

http://rance.org.uk

Old 31-12-2012, 11:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 Baz wrote:

There are too many groups to sift through.

I suggested starting one a few years ago but there was no interest.

If you started one now, I would be very interested.

Actually I do take one called free.uk.recipes but since I joined two
months ago there has been just one article. It was for minestrone soup.

A quick scan on Google groups says that there were 122 articles since last
December.

Thanks, I'll have a wee look
http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 31-12-2012, 11:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 Baz wrote:

There are too many groups to sift through.

I suggested starting one a few years ago but there was no interest.

If you started one now, I would be very interested.

Actually I do take one called free.uk.recipes but since I joined two
months ago there has been just one article. It was for minestrone soup.

A quick scan on Google groups says that there were 122 articles since
last December.

Thanks, I'll have a wee look

Maybe I'll post some of my own recipes and see what sort of a reception
it generates.

David

http://rance.org.uk

Old 31-12-2012, 12:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 31/12/2012 11:49, David Rance wrote:
Maybe I'll post some of my own recipes and see what sort of a reception
it generates.

David

what I'd like is a good discussion forum about where to get ingredients
or what good ideas people have for substituting stuff in recipes or
maybe their favourite recipes though not sure there's a copyright on
them? i love the maple syrup and pecan cupcake recipe on good Food
website though i put the pecans in the actual cupcake and glitter on
top of the icing if it's for a special occasions
Could we start a group? maybe a UK one as I find cups and stuff for
measuring and some of the terms in the US very confusing!
Old 31-12-2012, 12:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Baz" wrote in message
There are too many groups to sift through.

I watch cooking progs from time to time. However, none seem to cater for the
single person. Trawling through recipe books, you get 'feeds 4 or 6' and
scaling down amounts isn't always feasable.
--
Pete C

Old 31-12-2012, 12:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bill Grey" wrote in message

"David Hill" wrote in message
On 30/12/2012 18:23, Baz wrote:
There are too many groups to sift through.

Thanks
Baz

Don't say you're Beeton before you start.

Wait until (Y)easter - someone may Rise to the bait

That will take time to prove
--
Pete C