Old 13-01-2013, 10:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bloms website

Is anyone else having trouble ordering via Bloms website? It seems
extraordinary that there's no search function either for names or
catalogue numbers. And the list of plants is incomplete. I tried to
order things that are in their printed catalogue but which simply are
not there on the website. Eventually I had to order by email.

What's going on there?

Hugh

--

Hugh Newbury

www.evershot-weather.org

Old 13-01-2013, 02:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 13/01/2013 10:27, Hugh Newbury wrote:
Is anyone else having trouble ordering via Bloms website? It seems
extraordinary that there's no search function either for names or
catalogue numbers. And the list of plants is incomplete. I tried to
order things that are in their printed catalogue but which simply are
not there on the website. Eventually I had to order by email.

What's going on there?

Hugh

I found this for Mr Fothergills but other people have said they have had
no trouble at all so maybe there was a glitch in both situations?

Janet

--
Janet T.
Amersham
Old 13-01-2013, 03:53 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet Tweedy[_2_] View Post
On 13/01/2013 10:27, Hugh Newbury wrote:
Is anyone else having trouble ordering via Bloms website? It seems
extraordinary that there's no search function either for names or
catalogue numbers. And the list of plants is incomplete. I tried to
order things that are in their printed catalogue but which simply are
not there on the website. Eventually I had to order by email.

What's going on there?

Hugh

I found this for Mr Fothergills but other people have said they have had
no trouble at all so maybe there was a glitch in both situations?
There's still a few sites around which require IE to run, and won't give full functionality on other browsers.
__________________
Old 13-01-2013, 04:19 PM
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay View Post
There's still a few sites around which require IE to run, and won't give full functionality on other browsers.
If you're using FireFox there is an add-on called IE Tab 2 if you install it into FF then all you need to do if a site doesn't render properly is to click on an Icon at tje bottom of the page and it will switch to using the Internet Explorer engine but still within the FF page, very useful it is too.
Old 14-01-2013, 07:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 13/01/13 16:19, Granity wrote:

kay;976567 Wrote:
There's still a few sites around which require IE to run, and won't give
full functionality on other browsers.

If you're using FireFox there is an add-on called IE Tab 2 if you
install it into FF then all you need to do if a site doesn't render
properly is to click on an Icon at tje bottom of the page and it will
switch to using the Internet Explorer engine but still within the FF
page, very useful it is too.

That sounds ideal! Thanks so much, Kay.

Hugh

--

Hugh Newbury

www.evershot-weather.org

Old 14-01-2013, 02:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 14/01/13 09:36, Martin wrote:

kay;976567 Wrote:
There's still a few sites around which require IE to run, and won't give
full functionality on other browsers.

If you're using FireFox there is an add-on called IE Tab 2 if you
install it into FF then all you need to do if a site doesn't render
properly is to click on an Icon at tje bottom of the page and it will
switch to using the Internet Explorer engine but still within the FF
page, very useful it is too.

That sounds ideal! Thanks so much, Kay.

Why not use IE directly?

In Linux?