Old 17-04-2013, 10:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT a little. From the feeder

Got these pics yesterday of 2 Black caps on my feeders
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psebc8c7ec.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps7e42254b.jpg
David @ the damp end of Swansea Bay
Old 17-04-2013, 03:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-04-17 10:06:19 +0100, David Hill said:

Got these pics yesterday of 2 Black caps on my feeders
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psebc8c7ec.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps7e42254b.jpg

David @ the damp end of Swansea Bay

So that's what I saw in our garden yesterday for the first time ever
(to my knowledge) Thanks, Dave!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 17-04-2013, 04:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Hill" wrote

Got these pics yesterday of 2 Black caps on my feeders
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psebc8c7ec.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps7e42254b.jpg

The male that has spent all winter in our garden seems to have gone about
ten days ago but the female is still here. Our female has a redder head
patch than your photo shows, more the colour of rust.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 17-04-2013, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 17/04/2013 16:59, Bob Hobden wrote:
"David Hill" wrote

Got these pics yesterday of 2 Black caps on my feeders
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psebc8c7ec.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps7e42254b.jpg

The male that has spent all winter in our garden seems to have gone
about ten days ago but the female is still here. Our female has a redder
head patch than your photo shows, more the colour of rust.

I find the colour depends a bit on the light.
Old 18-04-2013, 12:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Hill" wrote in message
Got these pics yesterday of 2 Black caps on my feeders
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psebc8c7ec.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps7e42254b.jpg
David @ the damp end of Swansea Bay

Really nice shots Dave. Well done.

Bill

Old 18-04-2013, 12:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Apr 2013 10:06:19 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

Got these pics yesterday of 2 Black caps on my feeders
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psebc8c7ec.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps7e42254b.jpg
David @ the damp end of Swansea Bay

and a handsome old bird
http://s240.photobucket.com/user/taf...26ddf.jpg.html
--

Martin in Zuid Holland

Very Good :-)

Bill

Old 18-04-2013, 01:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 18/04/2013 12:08, Bill Grey wrote:
"David Hill" wrote in message
Got these pics yesterday of 2 Black caps on my feeders
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...psebc8c7ec.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps7e42254b.jpg
David @ the damp end of Swansea Bay

Really nice shots Dave. Well done.

Bill

Thanks.
Not on the feeder but lurking yesterday were these 2
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps1ac7d983.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ps29194a82.jpg
Still trying to get the Nuthatches the moment the camera is aimed at
them they are off
David @ the blustery end of Swansea Bay