GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Nasturtium Problem (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/207145-nasturtium-problem.html)

Judith in England 15-05-2013 06:59 PM

Nasturtium Problem

I am growing some from seed in pots.
Most of them are about 3 inches high now - but some of the leaves have
yellowish streaks in them,

I have looked on web and cannot find anything definitive. I sowed them in
ordinary compost and have not fed them at all.

???

shazzbat 15-05-2013 07:59 PM

Nasturtium Problem

"Judith in England" wrote in message
I am growing some from seed in pots.
Most of them are about 3 inches high now - but some of the leaves have
yellowish streaks in them,

I have looked on web and cannot find anything definitive. I sowed them in
ordinary compost and have not fed them at all.

???

Streaks meaning wiggly lines? They are prone to leaf mining caterpillars,
although it's early in the year for them I think.

Steve

David Hill 15-05-2013 08:07 PM

Nasturtium Problem

On 15/05/2013 19:59, shazzbat wrote:
"Judith in England" wrote in message
I am growing some from seed in pots.
Most of them are about 3 inches high now - but some of the leaves have
yellowish streaks in them,

I have looked on web and cannot find anything definitive. I sowed them in
ordinary compost and have not fed them at all.

???

Streaks meaning wiggly lines? They are prone to leaf mining caterpillars,
although it's early in the year for them I think.

Steve

Remember that there are Variegated nasturtiums
http://lifeonthebalcony.com/how-to-g...n-a-container/

Phil Gurr 15-05-2013 08:28 PM

Nasturtium Problem

"Judith in England" wrote in message
I am growing some from seed in pots.
Most of them are about 3 inches high now - but some of the leaves have
yellowish streaks in them,

I have looked on web and cannot find anything definitive. I sowed them in
ordinary compost and have not fed them at all.

The variety 'Alaska' is variegated with cream/yellow streaks
in the leaves. Could it be this?

Phil

Judith in England 16-05-2013 12:42 PM

Nasturtium Problem

On Wed, 15 May 2013 20:07:47 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

On 15/05/2013 19:59, shazzbat wrote:
"Judith in England" wrote in message
I am growing some from seed in pots.
Most of them are about 3 inches high now - but some of the leaves have
yellowish streaks in them,

I have looked on web and cannot find anything definitive. I sowed them in
ordinary compost and have not fed them at all.

???

Streaks meaning wiggly lines? They are prone to leaf mining caterpillars,
although it's early in the year for them I think.

Steve

Remember that there are Variegated nasturtiums
http://lifeonthebalcony.com/how-to-g...n-a-container/

Many thanks!!!!

My partner bought the seeds and gave me a handful to put in pots!!!

Judith in England 16-05-2013 12:44 PM

Nasturtium Problem

On Wed, 15 May 2013 20:28:22 +0100, "Phil Gurr" wrote:

"Judith in England" wrote in message
.. .
I am growing some from seed in pots.
Most of them are about 3 inches high now - but some of the leaves have
yellowish streaks in them,

I have looked on web and cannot find anything definitive. I sowed them in
ordinary compost and have not fed them at all.

The variety 'Alaska' is variegated with cream/yellow streaks
in the leaves. Could it be this?

Phil

Yes - spot on - who is a silly billy???