Old 25-07-2013, 02:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Can anyone ID this plant?

Hi All,

Can anyone help? I have a plant in my garden that I would like identified.
Please see the limk pelow for a photo.

The plant is hardy and is currently in flower with yellow flowers clusters.
It has runners, with miltiple succulent leaves take root on their own,
making it a useful ground-cover plant. It is very tolerant to drought and
hot sun here on the south coast of england. It is happy in clayey alkaline
soil. The cuttings in the photo are about 4" long.

Any info on this plant would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Al
Old 25-07-2013, 02:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 25/07/13 14:10, AL_n wrote:
Hi All,

Can anyone help? I have a plant in my garden that I would like identified.
Please see the limk pelow for a photo.

The plant is hardy and is currently in flower with yellow flowers clusters.
It has runners, with miltiple succulent leaves take root on their own,
making it a useful ground-cover plant. It is very tolerant to drought and
hot sun here on the south coast of england. It is happy in clayey alkaline
soil. The cuttings in the photo are about 4" long.

Any info on this plant would be much appreciated.

No link...

--
Rusty Hinge
Old 25-07-2013, 02:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 25/07/2013 14:10, AL_n wrote:
Hi All,

Can anyone help? I have a plant in my garden that I would like identified.
Please see the limk pelow for a photo.

The plant is hardy and is currently in flower with yellow flowers clusters.
It has runners, with miltiple succulent leaves take root on their own,
making it a useful ground-cover plant. It is very tolerant to drought and
hot sun here on the south coast of england. It is happy in clayey alkaline
soil. The cuttings in the photo are about 4" long.

Any info on this plant would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Al

The link would be helpful, Alan!

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London
Old 25-07-2013, 03:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Spider wrote in
:

The link would be helpful, Alan!

So sorry! The link is:

http://tinyurl.com/mgjjkb5

Al
Old 25-07-2013, 03:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 25/07/2013 14:31, RustyHinge wrote:
On 25/07/13 14:10, AL_n wrote:
Hi All,

Can anyone help? I have a plant in my garden that I would like
identified.
Please see the limk pelow for a photo.

The plant is hardy and is currently in flower with yellow flowers
clusters.
It has runners, with miltiple succulent leaves take root on their own,
making it a useful ground-cover plant. It is very tolerant to drought and
hot sun here on the south coast of england. It is happy in clayey
alkaline
soil. The cuttings in the photo are about 4" long.

Any info on this plant would be much appreciated.

No link...

However, guessing from the description, perhaps Sedum rupestre.

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Old 25-07-2013, 03:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote in
:

Sedum rupestre

I think you are right!

"Sedum reflexum or Sedum rupestre, also known as Reflexed Stonecrop, Blue
Stonecrop, Jenny's Stonecrop and Prick-madam."

The online photos of this do look ientical to what I've got.

Well deduced - and thank you!

Al
Old 25-07-2013, 07:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 25/07/2013 15:37, AL_n wrote:
wrote in
:

The link would be helpful, Alan!

So sorry! The link is:

http://tinyurl.com/mgjjkb5

Al

Thanks, Alan. Having seen the pic (and having the plant in my garden) I
also think it is Sedum reflexum (rupestre). They are one and the same
thing. In such a case where the name has changed, the old name is
placed in brackets, presumably for the convenience of people who are
still using the old name.