GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Daffs/Narcissi (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/208540-daffs-narcissi.html)

Frank Booth 15-10-2013 01:02 PM

Daffs/Narcissi

Can one replant daff/narcissi bulbs now that have already rooted without
adversely affecting their flowering next spring? I dug up a few from
previous years that are in the wrong place already having rooted

David Hill 15-10-2013 05:21 PM

Daffs/Narcissi

On 15/10/2013 13:02, Frank Booth wrote:
Can one replant daff/narcissi bulbs now that have already rooted without
adversely affecting their flowering next spring? I dug up a few from
previous years that are in the wrong place already having rooted

Yes
What else would you do with them?

Spider[_3_] 15-10-2013 06:37 PM

Daffs/Narcissi

On 15/10/2013 13:02, Frank Booth wrote:
Can one replant daff/narcissi bulbs now that have already rooted without
adversely affecting their flowering next spring? I dug up a few from
previous years that are in the wrong place already having rooted

Certainly, but replant with great care. Unlike many plants, bulbs
cannot replace broken roots, so once damaged they stay damaged until
their next dormant period.

--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London

Frank Booth 15-10-2013 07:13 PM

Daffs/Narcissi

"Spider" wrote in message
On 15/10/2013 13:02, Frank Booth wrote:
Can one replant daff/narcissi bulbs now that have already rooted without
adversely affecting their flowering next spring? I dug up a few from
previous years that are in the wrong place already having rooted

Certainly, but replant with great care. Unlike many plants, bulbs
cannot replace broken roots, so once damaged they stay damaged until
their next dormant period.

Cheers for that info.