GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   OT Parking (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/208544-ot-parking.html)

David Hill 15-10-2013 05:51 PM

OT Parking

Don't you wish you had been taught to park like this?
http://biggeekdad.com/2012/01/how-ol...ark-their-car/

Bob Hobden 15-10-2013 10:57 PM

OT Parking

"Jake" wrote

David Hill wrote:

Don't you wish you had been taught to park like this?
http://biggeekdad.com/2012/01/how-ol...ark-their-car/

Nope! Tyres for my car are £250 a time!

Shame you are too far from Micheldever Tyres as I bet you could save a lot
on that price, I've saved over £100 on two in the past just by taking a day
out in Hampshire.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Sacha[_11_] 16-10-2013 10:20 AM

OT Parking

On 2013-10-15 19:46:02 +0100, Martin said:

On Tue, 15 Oct 2013 17:51:34 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

Don't you wish you had been taught to park like this?
http://biggeekdad.com/2012/01/how-ol...ark-their-car/

This one needs to go to the same school

http://metro.co.uk/2013/10/14/is-thi...-ever-4145230/

I saw that last one the other day and wondered if it was a set up! It
is so hysterically, nail-bitingly bad that it's almost impossible to
believe it's real!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Gary Woods 16-10-2013 02:50 PM

OT Parking

I did notice the camera angles were chosen carefully; there's more space
than appears in most shots (but not nearly enough for me to do that!)

Sacha[_11_] 16-10-2013 03:43 PM

OT Parking

wrote:

Don't you wish you had been taught to park like this?
http://biggeekdad.com/2012/01/how-ol...ark-their-car/

This one needs to go to the same school

http://metro.co.uk/2013/10/14/is-thi...-ever-4145230/

I saw that last one the other day and wondered if it was a set up!

I did too. initially, I expected that the woman who got into a car
and sat there throughout the performance to be the star of the show.

The woman in the Volvo? I thought that was an act of self-preservation!

It
is so hysterically, nail-bitingly bad that it's almost impossible to
believe it's real!

Not to mention a near relative, who with the help of the car's built
in CCTV camera reversed into a large post.

Ahem. My daughter has just mentioned doing something very similar in her car!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Another John 16-10-2013 04:53 PM

OT Parking

In article ,
Sacha wrote:

Don't you wish you had been taught to park like this?
http://biggeekdad.com/2012/01/how-ol...ark-their-car/

This one needs to go to the same school

http://metro.co.uk/2013/10/14/is-thi...ving-a-parking
-space-ever-4145230/

I saw that last one the other day and wondered if it was a set up! It
is so hysterically, nail-bitingly bad that it's almost impossible to
believe it's real!

This one (an old favourite) is also impossible to believe, except that
it's clearly not a stunt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s0gMELqAIw

(the driver gets out OK! Don't worry!).

J.

Sacha[_11_] 16-10-2013 06:31 PM

OT Parking

On 2013-10-16 16:53:00 +0100, Another John said:

In article ,
Sacha wrote:

Don't you wish you had been taught to park like this?
http://biggeekdad.com/2012/01/how-ol...ark-their-car/

This one needs to go to the same school

http://metro.co.uk/2013/10/14/is-thi...ving-a-parking
-space-ever-4145230/

I saw that last one the other day and wondered if it was a set up! It
is so hysterically, nail-bitingly bad that it's almost impossible to
believe it's real!

This one (an old favourite) is also impossible to believe, except that
it's clearly not a stunt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s0gMELqAIw

(the driver gets out OK! Don't worry!).

J.

I have seen that one, I must admit. Again, it looks a bit of a set up to me!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

[email protected] 17-10-2013 10:20 AM

OT Parking

On Tue, 15 Oct 2013 22:57:18 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

"Jake" wrote

David Hill wrote:

Don't you wish you had been taught to park like this?
http://biggeekdad.com/2012/01/how-ol...ark-their-car/

Nope! Tyres for my car are £250 a time!

Shame you are too far from Micheldever Tyres as I bet you could save a lot
on that price, I've saved over £100 on two in the past just by taking a day
out in Hampshire.

They are part of the Protyre group nowadays so you may get similar
prices at one of their branches if you ask, I agree years ago when
they were independent it was hard to beat them.
I am in Hampshire but use a small independent up the road,If I give
him enough notice he usually can come close to Micheldevers prices and
there is not a 30 car long queue though admittedly Micheldever are
fairly quick. But I doubt if they would swap my wheels fitted with
Winter tyres over for almost no charge twice a year. The actual
charge is a pack of chocolate digestives. And its a two mile round
trip instead of forty.

G.Harman

Sacha[_11_] 17-10-2013 12:05 PM

OT Parking

On 2013-10-17 10:44:01 +0100, Martin said:

On Wed, 16 Oct 2013 15:43:32 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

snip

Not to mention a near relative, who with the help of the car's built
in CCTV camera reversed into a large post.

Ahem. My daughter has just mentioned doing something very similar in her car!

I was a passenger in the car. I had been told to keep quiet because I
made her nervous.

There you are it was all your fault! I must admit that the other day I
found myself parallel parking for the first time in ages. Mostly I park
in the butcher's car park and walk down into town! But there was a
serously irritating little man on the pavement who kept trying to
direct me "back a bit, forward a bit, left hand down" etc. etc. and at
one point, actually standing behind my car! Eventually, I gunned the
engine, he jumped a mile, got the message and went away! I don't know
what it is about people that induces them to give unasked-for 'help' to
women parking cars, though I've noticed a fair few who stand on
pontoons and do the same to yachts coming into berths!

--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Bob Hobden 17-10-2013 01:23 PM

OT Parking

G Harman wrote ...

"Bob Hobden" wrote:

Shame you are too far from Micheldever Tyres as I bet you could save a lot
on that price, I've saved over £100 on two in the past just by taking a
day
out in Hampshire.

They are part of the Protyre group nowadays so you may get similar
prices at one of their branches if you ask, I agree years ago when
they were independent it was hard to beat them.
I am in Hampshire but use a small independent up the road,If I give
him enough notice he usually can come close to Micheldevers prices and
there is not a 30 car long queue though admittedly Micheldever are
fairly quick. But I doubt if they would swap my wheels fitted with
Winter tyres over for almost no charge twice a year. The actual
charge is a pack of chocolate digestives. And its a two mile round
trip instead of forty.

True but when we went on Monday to get some new tyres there was no queue we
were straight to the front. I also like them because they are so efficient,
friendly and professional. Not the normal tyre monkeys at all. That and my
wife is a Hampshire lass and likes to visit "her" county for lunch which
rather dents any savings.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

sacha 17-10-2013 05:38 PM

OT Parking

On 2013-10-17 11:44:27 +0000, Martin said:

On Thu, 17 Oct 2013 12:05:57 +0100, Sacha

On 2013-10-17 10:44:01 +0100, Martin said:

On Wed, 16 Oct 2013 15:43:32 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

snip

[...]

Especially Germans :-)
Once I had detailed instructions regarding where I should moor my boat
from a German who was occupying my permanent, not for visitors berth.

Lol! I hope you told him where to put his!!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Tom Gardner[_2_] 17-10-2013 08:40 PM

OT Parking

On 15/10/13 17:51, David Hill wrote:
Don't you wish you had been taught to park like this?
http://biggeekdad.com/2012/01/how-ol...ark-their-car/

I'm glad I haven't seen someone drive like this.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200701728357969
but at least there is some quickly-delivered justice
in the world

[email protected] 17-10-2013 10:22 PM

OT Parking

On Thu, 17 Oct 2013 13:44:27 +0200, Martin wrote:

I don't know
what it is about people that induces them to give unasked-for 'help' to
women parking cars, though I've noticed a fair few who stand on
pontoons and do the same to yachts coming into berths!

Especially Germans :-)
Once I had detailed instructions regarding where I should moor my boat
from a German who was occupying my permanent, not for visitors berth.

They did a lot of that in the Netherlands a few decades back.

G.Harman

Sacha[_11_] 17-10-2013 11:02 PM

OT Parking

On 2013-10-17 22:50:57 +0100, Martin said:

snip
I don't know
what it is about people that induces them to give unasked-for 'help' to
women parking cars, though I've noticed a fair few who stand on
pontoons and do the same to yachts coming into berths!

Especially Germans :-)
Once I had detailed instructions regarding where I should moor my boat
from a German who was occupying my permanent, not for visitors berth.

Lol! I hope you told him where to put his!!

It ended up with most of the other boat owners telling him where to
go.

Home, I hope!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Baz[_3_] 18-10-2013 02:29 PM

OT Parking

Martin wrote in
:

wrote:

Don't you wish you had been taught to park like this?
http://biggeekdad.com/2012/01/how-ol...ark-their-car/

This one needs to go to the same school

http://metro.co.uk/2013/10/14/is-thi...t-leaving-a-pa
rking-space-ever-4145230/

I get
This video has been removed by the user.

Baz