GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Poor Mancunians (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/208690-poor-mancunians.html)

Sacha[_11_] 09-11-2013 03:43 PM

Poor Mancunians

Looks like they've just been hit by a helluva hailstorm after a
thunderstorm. Hello winter but hope no damage has been done!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Stephen Wolstenholme[_3_] 09-11-2013 03:48 PM

Poor Mancunians

On Sat, 9 Nov 2013 15:43:53 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

Looks like they've just been hit by a helluva hailstorm after a
thunderstorm. Hello winter but hope no damage has been done!

It certainly got a bit wet where I live a few miles south of
Manchester.

Steve

Dave Liquorice[_2_] 09-11-2013 11:19 PM

Poor Mancunians

On Sat, 9 Nov 2013 15:43:53 +0000, Sacha wrote:

Looks like they've just been hit by a helluva hailstorm after a
thunderstorm.

I wonder if that was the same one I drove through on the East Lancs
Road coming out of Liverpool this evening just after 1800. It
certainly hammered down, the noise on the roof was enough to drown
out the radio, couple of flashes of lighting thrown in as well. Left
a good half inch of hail.

Hello winter but hope no damage has been done!

Aye, snowing here this morning when I left at 0545, half an inch of
lying snow over Hartside. Coming back this evening couple of inches
lying on Hartside but just a hard ground frost developing here under
clear skies.

--
Cheers
Dave.

sacha 10-11-2013 09:30 AM

Poor Mancunians

On 2013-11-09 23:19:36 +0000, Dave Liquorice said:

On Sat, 9 Nov 2013 15:43:53 +0000, Sacha wrote:

Looks like they've just been hit by a helluva hailstorm after a
thunderstorm.

I wonder if that was the same one I drove through on the East Lancs
Road coming out of Liverpool this evening just after 1800. It
certainly hammered down, the noise on the roof was enough to drown
out the radio, couple of flashes of lighting thrown in as well. Left
a good half inch of hail.

Hello winter but hope no damage has been done!

Aye, snowing here this morning when I left at 0545, half an inch of
lying snow over Hartside. Coming back this evening couple of inches
lying on Hartside but just a hard ground frost developing here under
clear skies.

Sounds very possible. The photo I saw showed what seemed to be inches
of hail on roads, pavements and car roofs.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

mogga 10-11-2013 01:51 PM

Poor Mancunians

wrote:

Looks like they've just been hit by a helluva hailstorm after a
thunderstorm. Hello winter but hope no damage has been done!

We were on the way to Huddersfield via Holmfirth when it was raining.
When we came back over the tops they looked a bit white.
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk

mogga 11-11-2013 12:05 PM

Poor Mancunians

wrote:

Looks like they've just been hit by a helluva hailstorm after a
thunderstorm. Hello winter but hope no damage has been done!

We were on the way to Huddersfield via Holmfirth when it was raining.
When we came back over the tops they looked a bit white.

Mildew?

I don't want to say the S word... It looked like sn.. No I can't say
it. :)
It hailstoned here in Oldham apparently.
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk

thomaspoul 12-11-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacha[_11_] (Post 994979)
Looks like they've just been hit by a helluva hailstorm after a
thunderstorm. Hello winter but hope no damage has been done!
--

Sacha
Hill House Nursery, mail order plants to your door.
South Devon
Help for Heroes - UK Military Charity

I agree with your words, they need to extra care in winter.