Old 09-11-2013, 03:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Poor Mancunians

Looks like they've just been hit by a helluva hailstorm after a
thunderstorm. Hello winter but hope no damage has been done!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 09-11-2013, 03:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 9 Nov 2013 15:43:53 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

Looks like they've just been hit by a helluva hailstorm after a
thunderstorm. Hello winter but hope no damage has been done!

It certainly got a bit wet where I live a few miles south of
Manchester.

Steve

Old 09-11-2013, 11:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 9 Nov 2013 15:43:53 +0000, Sacha wrote:

Looks like they've just been hit by a helluva hailstorm after a
thunderstorm.

I wonder if that was the same one I drove through on the East Lancs
Road coming out of Liverpool this evening just after 1800. It
certainly hammered down, the noise on the roof was enough to drown
out the radio, couple of flashes of lighting thrown in as well. Left
a good half inch of hail.

Hello winter but hope no damage has been done!

Aye, snowing here this morning when I left at 0545, half an inch of
lying snow over Hartside. Coming back this evening couple of inches
lying on Hartside but just a hard ground frost developing here under
clear skies.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old 10-11-2013, 09:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2013-11-09 23:19:36 +0000, Dave Liquorice said:

On Sat, 9 Nov 2013 15:43:53 +0000, Sacha wrote:

Looks like they've just been hit by a helluva hailstorm after a
thunderstorm.

I wonder if that was the same one I drove through on the East Lancs
Road coming out of Liverpool this evening just after 1800. It
certainly hammered down, the noise on the roof was enough to drown
out the radio, couple of flashes of lighting thrown in as well. Left
a good half inch of hail.

Hello winter but hope no damage has been done!

Aye, snowing here this morning when I left at 0545, half an inch of
lying snow over Hartside. Coming back this evening couple of inches
lying on Hartside but just a hard ground frost developing here under
clear skies.

Sounds very possible. The photo I saw showed what seemed to be inches
of hail on roads, pavements and car roofs.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 10-11-2013, 01:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Looks like they've just been hit by a helluva hailstorm after a
thunderstorm. Hello winter but hope no damage has been done!

We were on the way to Huddersfield via Holmfirth when it was raining.
When we came back over the tops they looked a bit white.
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk

Old 11-11-2013, 12:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Looks like they've just been hit by a helluva hailstorm after a
thunderstorm. Hello winter but hope no damage has been done!

We were on the way to Huddersfield via Holmfirth when it was raining.
When we came back over the tops they looked a bit white.

Mildew?

I don't want to say the S word... It looked like sn.. No I can't say
it.
It hailstoned here in Oldham apparently.
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk
Old 12-11-2013, 10:08 AM
thomaspoul's Avatar
Registered User

Location: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha[_11_] View Post
Looks like they've just been hit by a helluva hailstorm after a
thunderstorm. Hello winter but hope no damage has been done!
--

Sacha
Hill House Nursery, mail order plants to your door.
South Devon
Help for Heroes - UK Military Charity

I agree with your words, they need to extra care in winter.

had poor garden Romy Beeck Gardening 4 22-10-2003 09:02 PM
Low perennials for 50sqft, full sun, poor drainage, deer-res.? Marc Stephenson Texas 11 09-06-2003 12:56 PM
NO TIME FOR poor quality tools Other Brother Kevin Gardening 38 06-05-2003 02:20 AM
Repairing poor soil drainage Torben Edliq Lawns 0 29-03-2003 05:08 PM
Repairing poor soil drainage Tom Kirkpatrick Lawns 0 27-03-2003 03:21 AM