GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Ally pally garden show (Piccies link) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/20890-ally-pally-garden-show-piccies-link.html)

Jim W 06-05-2003 02:23 AM

Ally pally garden show (Piccies link)

June Hughes wrote:

am off to the Ally Pally Garden show this afternoon with a friend. Is
anyone else going?

A few photo's are now up at
http://www.bioscape.vispa.com/AP/

Included are some of a rather nice Berberis seen in AP grounds.. A bit
like B. darwinii but with elongated leaves.. Yellow flowers.. Anyone
know what it is?

BTW Anyone going to the NCCPG Plant sale at Kenwood next weekend?
//
Jim

June Hughes 06-05-2003 02:23 AM

Ally pally garden show (Piccies link)

In article 1fuhnzd.12yq51p1g3xkcgN%00senetnospam@macunlimite d.net, Jim
W writes
June Hughes wrote:

am off to the Ally Pally Garden show this afternoon with a friend. Is
anyone else going?

A few photo's are now up at
http://www.bioscape.vispa.com/AP/

I liked your pics. On the up-side for the show, the exhibits of plants
ie the ones marked with 'gold awards', etc. were superb.
BTW Anyone going to the NCCPG Plant sale at Kenwood next weekend?
//

'fraid not. We have some friends coming over on Sat for supper and Sun
is the Antiques Fair at AP.
--
June Hughes

Natalie 06-05-2003 02:23 AM

Ally pally garden show (Piccies link)

"
BTW Anyone going to the NCCPG Plant sale at Kenwood next weekend?
//
Jim

Not this time Jim as we are going to Newcastle for the weekend. Any good
gardens to visit there?

Natalie

Jim W 06-05-2003 02:23 AM

Natalie wrote:

"
BTW Anyone going to the NCCPG Plant sale at Kenwood next weekend?
//
Jim

Not this time Jim as we are going to Newcastle for the weekend. Any good
gardens to visit there?

Natalie

No idea.. never been to Newcastle..

can only suggest the ususal resources.. Nat Trust, RHS, NCCPG pages and
of course other URGLers recommendations
//
Jim

Natalie 06-05-2003 02:23 AM

Ally pally garden show (Piccies link)

"
No idea.. never been to Newcastle..

can only suggest the ususal resources.. Nat Trust, RHS, NCCPG pages and
of course other URGLers recommendations
//
Jim

I doubt whether we'll have time to visit any gardens because we are going to
a wedding and definitely visiting the Baltic Art Gallery.

Natalie

Glenda Young 06-05-2003 08:44 PM

Ally pally garden show (Piccies link)

On Mon, 5 May 2003 19:31:45 +0100, "Natalie"
tippy-typed:

I doubt whether we'll have time to visit any gardens because we are going to
a wedding and definitely visiting the Baltic Art Gallery.

Natalie, as a north-easterner I heartily recommend the Baltic and the
impressive Millennium Bridge. There are gardens up in Northumberland
you can visit but whatever you do, don't forget to buy stotty cakes
from Greggs.