GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Here's a summation of 1987 (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/208923-heres-summation-1987-a.html)

sacha 23-12-2013 06:23 PM

Here's a summation of 1987

http://www.metlink.org/pdf/articles/..._mansfield.pdf
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

'Mike'[_4_] 23-12-2013 06:27 PM

Here's a summation of 1987

"sacha" wrote in message ...

http://www.metlink.org/pdf/articles/..._mansfield.pdf
--
Sacha

Thank you for reading my posting about the 1987 storm. You will be delighted
to know that my daughter has reached the Isle of Wight :-)

Mike

www.hmscollingwoodassociation.com
www.rneba.org.uk

'Mike'[_4_] 23-12-2013 06:29 PM

Here's a summation of 1987

and the latest!!!!

http://www.iwcp.co.uk/news/news/ferr...2175.aspx?mn=1

I hope you are all OK in England

kay 23-12-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sacha (Post 996700)

We all slept through it in Sevenoaks - can't think how. Woke shortly before dawn to find car with one poplar lying neatly across road along back bumper, and another across road along front bumper. As light increased, we realised the car/poplar/car/poplar sequence was continued along the road in both directions as far as we could see.

Our apple tree fell and just missed the greenhouse. We had 400lbs of windfalls.

sacha 24-12-2013 07:38 PM

Here's a summation of 1987

On 2013-12-23 23:07:44 +0000, kay said:

sacha;996700 Wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/nruzdkh

We all slept through it in Sevenoaks - can't think how. Woke shortly
before dawn to find car with one poplar lying neatly across road along
back bumper, and another across road along front bumper. As light
increased, we realised the car/poplar/car/poplar sequence was continued
along the road in both directions as far as we could see.

Our apple tree fell and just missed the greenhouse. We had 400lbs of
windfalls.

From what I recall, you woke up as Oneoak! ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

kay 24-12-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sacha (Post 996749)

From what I recall, you woke up as Oneoak! ;-)
-

Indeed. But that didn't mean 6 trees fell - there were reportedly 100 trees just on the line between our local station and the next station 5 miles up the line.