Old 03-03-2014, 12:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default New Allotment Gardening series

Just had a mail from my Council asking if I'm interested in taking part in a
new BBC2 TV series called "The Big Allotment Challenge".

The text of the flyer attachment says..
We are looking for talented amateur kitchen gardeners who have the skills
and the dedication to compete in BBC2’s ‘THE BIG ALLOTMENT CHALLENGE’.
Someone who can cultivate the perfect carrot, make their green tomatoes into
award winning chutney and turn their dahlias and sweet peas into floral
arrangements fit for a Queen.
We are offering successful applicants the chance to turn a plot of land into
a patch of beauty so if you have the skills to compete and are interested in
featuring in our series, please contact or call 0207
907 3401 for an application form.
The deadline for applications is 12pm on the 13th of March 2014.

It's not for us but do contact them direct if interested.
In view of the short deadline for applications I wonder if they are having
problems getting "contestants".

--
Regards
Bob Hobden